Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Does anybody find with IOS7 keyboard you put a full stop typing fast where as the old IOS6 one had wider keys or flatter? It's not a responsive thing but it seems the change makes typing not quite as good.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Does anybody find with IOS7 keyboard you put a full stop typing fast where as the old IOS6 one had wider keys or flatter? It's not a responsive thing but it seems the change makes typing not quite as good.

Yes, definitely harder to type in iOS 7. I thought it might simply be autocorrect isn't as good but decided it's something to do with the keyboard itself.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Yeah, I'm continuously hitting Enter instead of the spacebar whenever I try to type fast. Never did that with iOS 6.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I certainly miss the spacebar here and there which never really happened before iOS 7. I also mistype quite a few words that autocorrect fixes most of the time, while I never really did it as much before iOS 7. It must be something related to the spacing of the keys and the touch response associated with them.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Not only did I get worse at spelling with the 7 keyboard, but I'm also getting quite a few misspellings that don't even get corrected, or get corrected but that is still misspelled, or entire sentences corrected.

Also, well seems to turn into we'll whenever I type it.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
When I first began using iOS 7, my typing sucked but it's gotten much better. I've also noticed that auto-correction appears to be substantially improved with iOS 7.1 beta 2 - has anyone else seen that?

I wonder if loading all three dictionary's (Apples and both Oxford English dictionaries) has lead to improved auto-correction?

iOSBry

RokkenRock

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2010
While I am glad that I don't have most of the problems people here encounter, knock on wood, autocorrect doesn't fix iphone to iPhone automatically like before and I have to specifically tap the word for correction. I am not quite fond of it.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
I'm also getting quite a few misspellings that don't even get corrected, or get corrected but that is still misspelled, or entire sentences corrected.
Have you loaded the additional dictionaries yet? Select a word, click Define and then manage and click the iCloud download icon for the additional English dictionaries (assuming you want English).

iOSBry

----------

While I am glad that I don't have most of the problems people here encounter, knock on wood, autocorrect doesn't fix iphone to iPhone automatically like before and I have to specifically tap the word for correction. I am not quite fond of it.
I added a keyboard shortcut for that and many other common words, casing and email and physical addresses, etc.

Have you tried that? It works great and is a huge timesaver!

iOSBry

mripadmini

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2013
i don't seem to have that problem of mispelling words in ios 7 i think ive gotten better but i dont use the on screen keyboard very much since i got a logitech ultrathin keyboard mini for Christmas.

SeenJeen

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2009
iOS 7 keyboard feels like a step backwards.

Apps that still have iOS 6 keyboard I feel I don't make mistakes on.

iOS 7 on the other hand, feels sorta inaccurate, and I keep hitting the fricken period instead of the spacebar. Never had that problem with iOS 6 keyboard.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Have you loaded the additional dictionaries yet? Select a word, click Define and then manage and click the iCloud download icon for the additional English dictionaries (assuming you want English).
I had to remove my dictionaries yesterday because in B2 they caused my keyboard to lag for over 5 seconds, but before that I did have English dictionaries added & still had the problems I listed.

ConnYoungy

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I'm constantly typing full stops instead of spaces on ios7 and it's starting to drive me insane

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.