Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ino

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
Hello MR -

My wife and I share desktop and laptop Macs running Mavericks using separate logins/user switching.

We've both been tagging our files, but when I launch Finder to look for a certain color tag I see all her files with the same color are included, and when she is looking for a certain tag on her account my tagged files appear there as well.

We couldn't find any preferences that address this, but are looking for a way we can both use the colored tagging system in harmony. To be clear, we just want to see our own files with a certain color in the Finder even if the other person has tagged other files with the same color.

We both use all the available colors already so splitting who can use certain colors would not be possible.

Any ideas?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Are the files in your individual Users directories? If so you can probably adjust ACLs so that you don't see one another's files. If they're in a common shared location, then no ideas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.