PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT: Power Macintosh 7200/90 144mb RAM, 500mb HD (Parts?)

LimeiBook86
Dec 27, 2005, 04:29 PM
This item (as a whole) is no longer for sale because I am testing the RAM in a different machine, if your still interested however please e-mail me.

Up for sale/trade today is an old Macintosh 7200/90 from an old school. The case is in fair condition and is a bit dusty. The only visible problem is that the SCSI CD-ROM drive dray is broken, this is easily fixed by replacing the CD-ROM drive. I will include a working CD drive for an extra cost though. This Macintosh has 144mb of RAM, all four of it's RAM slots are full with the following, Two 64mb RAM-DIMMS, and Two 8mb RAM-DIMMS which come to 144mb of RAM. This machine is pretty speedy and is running Mac OS 8.1 - looks like the school messed with the extentions though so I'll do a clean install of Mac OS 9.1. I can sell the machine whole (although shipping will be expensive) or in parts if needed.

Here are the machine's specs:
Macintosh PowerPC 601 @ 90mhz
500mb HD (SCSI)
Broken CD-ROM Drive (SCSI)
144mb of RAM
One ADB port (Keyboard & Mouse) + Two Serial Ports (Printer & Modem)
Ethernet + AAUI Port
Three PCI slots
Open bay for HD or Zip drive (May require new removable front bezel)
The slots on the motherboard labeled, Cache, ROM, and VRAM are all blank. Also the PRAM (Clock battery) is probably dead since I get the "Your computer is not set to the correct time" error.

I will gladly post photos upon request :D

mbl42
Dec 27, 2005, 04:46 PM
I will gladly post photos upon request :D

:rolleyes: :p

LimeiBook86
Dec 27, 2005, 05:49 PM
Photos here are of the actual Macintosh 7200/90 I am selling. I have replaced the CD-ROM drive in the machine and it is running a clean install of Mac OS 9 with 114mb of RAM and about 200mb of HD space free (from 500mb). :D

skoker
Dec 27, 2005, 06:39 PM
Photos here are of the actual Macintosh 7200/90 I am selling. I have replaced the CD-ROM drive in the machine and it is running a clean install of Mac OS 9 with 114mb of RAM and about 200mb of HD space free (from 500mb). :D

Can we see some pictures of the insides?

LimeiBook86
Dec 27, 2005, 07:31 PM
Unfortunetly while taking the Mac case apart (which is actually a bit difficult) one little plastic nubs at the back of the case (Directly below the SCSI Port - On the left) fell off. This doesn't effect the performence or anything but, I had to mention it anyway. Here are three more photos. One is the Macintosh opened up, the next is the Motherboard showing the RAM and other slots, and the last is a photo of the inside of the Macintosh without it's case with it's "fins" open. :)

Anyone interested? :D

LimeiBook86
Dec 28, 2005, 05:24 PM
The clean install of Mac OS 9.1 has finished, everything works fine and is pretty speedy. I was able to go online via the ethernet port and listen to a music CD via the CD-ROM drive (which I replaced) so everything on this machine is operational and ready to go. If you need an ADB Keyboard or Mouse with the machine just ask, there are no USB ports so you can't use a USB keyboard or mouse without adding a USB PCI card. :)