PDA

View Full Version : Agent 18 VideoShield or Speck Toughskin for 5G 30GB?

Supercross
Dec 27, 2005, 04:33 PM
I just got a new 30Gb video iPod and I think its just awesome, but of course I want to get a nice case as soon as possible. After looking at alot of reviews and testimonies I have narrowed my selection to either the A18 VideoShield or the Speck Toughskin. I like the look of the A18 alot better but I like the shock protection of the Speck better. In your guys opinion, which one is better? Does the A18 show fingerprints since its plastic? And how hard is it too pull the case apart? Thanks for any information.

adk
Dec 27, 2005, 11:45 PM
If you drop an Ipod it's probably going to break. no matter what you put it in short of a giant foam ball. pick whichever one you like better.

Supercross
Dec 28, 2005, 01:36 AM
Does the Agent 18 plastic scratch easily? Because I will be putting the case in my cars center console which is hard plastic, so I can just see a the A18 case getting scratched up in a short time. In that sense the rubber case would probably be better.

Counterfit
Dec 28, 2005, 03:41 AM
If you drop an Ipod it's probably going to break. no matter what you put it in short of a giant foam ball. pick whichever one you like better.
Well, if you drop it from the 3rd floor of somewhere, yeah, it'll probably break. But if it only drops a few feet, say, pocket-height, it's should come through with or without a scratch (depending on what you drop it onto). I dropped my 3G iPod from my pocket onto my driveway once, with no case. The only damage is a small dent on the top.

bzollinger
Dec 28, 2005, 05:22 PM
I just got an Agent 18 case over the holidays and I love it. The cover over the screen has a few very light scratches in it, but I've have it in my pocket too. My only complaints which are small are that the plastic over most of the case is "frosted", and there a couple of spots where the case slightly touches the iPod and there is a "spot" where the point of contact is. Other than that it's a great protector. I'm using the Agent 18 case in conjunction with a Pelican 1010 case, that is lined with foam.

Good luck.