PDA

View Full Version : F-apple F-steve Jobs F-mwsf

Tanker-X
Jan 7, 2003, 01:23 PM
Steve jobs your an idiot

Thanks for yet another laptop (12" G4) Big woop! Too expensive.

Thanks for a Desktop you call a laptop. What the hell am I supposed to do with a 17" laptop! Too Big! Can't use it on a plane.

Thanks for the Geforce 4 (umm wow the pc had it for like 3 months now)

Thanks for the rest of the crap that doesnt matter.

As for the new firewire, thats cool, but that's not worth waiting for.

Airports suck ass anyway.

Suck it easy!

Tanker-X:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Recoil
Jan 7, 2003, 01:37 PM
So many people who own stock come in the forums about a month before macworld and post crazy stupid **** just so they can rally there stock up . I own a vapochill 3.7Ghz Intel system and I am very very happy with it. I also like to point out that 3299.00 is WAY to much for 1Ghz powerbook. Check out this place before you look into getting a powerbook

www.sagernotebook.com

Also for you overclockers here a good place

www.vapochill.com

Very Sad Day For Apple...Because MOTO Is Killing Them!!!

cc bcc
Jan 7, 2003, 01:40 PM
Take a chill pill dude, I think it was way better than I thought it would be.

g30ffr3y
Jan 7, 2003, 01:42 PM
screw this... anyone else pissed off who just bought a gig powerbook a month ago for 300 bucks less than this new one...

mnkeybsness
Jan 7, 2003, 01:49 PM
everyone just simma down..

crikey

did you forget firewire 800?
airport extreme?
backlit keyboard?

all the app upgrades?

vollspacken
Jan 7, 2003, 01:49 PM
...thank you steve!

what a stupid move!!!
o.k., airport extreme is nice, the new iApps MIGHT be nice... but the two new PBs are just plain bulls***!!!

instead of an high-end subnotebook with a 10-inch screen you gave us two new models that don't make any sense to me:
- 12" PB vs. 12" iBook??????????????????? c'mon, the 15" PB is portable; if you want 12", get the iBook!
- 17" PB, are you kidding???????????????? ask yourself, who needs this monster??? some weird people who want to show off and want a semi-portable..? but those guys can buy a large screen for home/office and use the PB as a desktop replacement...

this expansion of the product line is just confusing for the customers. Steve, please don't maqke the same mistakes other apple-CEOs did before you...

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!

Recoil
Jan 7, 2003, 01:52 PM
did you forget firewire 800?
airport extreme?
backlit keyboard?

all the app upgrades?

LMAO HOW LONG HAS APPLE BEEN AT 1.25GHZ?

AMD HAMMERS WILL BE OUT IN MARCH!

INTEL WILL HAVE PRESCOTT OUT BEFORE SUMMER!

Dude apple is getting killed by moto. Did you hear that guy yell out "STEVE WERE IS MY G5?"

Moxiemike
Jan 7, 2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by vollspacken
...thank you steve!

what a stupid move!!!
o.k., airport extreme is nice, the new iApps MIGHT be nice... but the two new PBs are just plain bulls***!!!

instead of an high-end subnotebook with a 10-inch screen you gave us two new models that don't make any sense to me:
- 12" PB vs. 12" iBook??????????????????? c'mon, the 15" PB is portable; if you want 12", get the iBook!
- 17" PB, are you kidding???????????????? ask yourself, who needs this monster??? some weird people who want to show off and want a semi-portable..? but those guys can buy a large screen for home/office and use the PB as a desktop replacement...

this expansion of the product line is just confusing for the customers. Steve, please don't maqke the same mistakes other apple-CEOs did before you...

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!

God. All you people did was whine about how the iBook needs a G4. And you got it. and now you whine. Pathetic

vniow
Jan 7, 2003, 02:01 PM
What a bunch of ******** whiners we have here.

This was one of the best Macworlds recently and all you can do is bitch about it.

Go buy a Dell.

Moxiemike
Jan 7, 2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by edvniow
What a bunch of ******** whiners we have here.

This was one of the best Macworlds recently and all you can do is bitch about it.

Go buy a Dell.

lets get out the flamethrowers ed :)

g30ffr3y
Jan 7, 2003, 02:04 PM
im just bitching becuase certainly i couldve spent another 300 on the 17" but now im stuck paying 3000 for outdated tech... its not like ive had this thing for even six months where this is acceptable... and what about a friggin ipod update... not even a price drop...

onto happier things though... im glad to see the new iapps...
and keynote will be the powerpoint killer!!!!!! the updated airport doesnt effect me either way... anyhow, thats my 2 cents or 3000 dollars worth...

Moxiemike
Jan 7, 2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by g30ffr3y
im just bitching becuase certainly i couldve spent another 300 on the 17" but now im stuck paying 3000 for outdated tech... its not like ive had this thing for even six months where this is acceptable... and what about a friggin ipod update... not even a price drop...

onto happier things though... im glad to see the new iapps...
and keynote will be the powerpoint killer!!!!!! the updated airport doesnt effect me either way... anyhow, thats my 2 cents or 3000 dollars worth...

but you DON'T have outdated tech.

your PB is still offered as a new model. It's not outdated until its discontinued.

g30ffr3y
Jan 7, 2003, 02:10 PM
but you see... there is a better one now... has anyone xbenched a the 15" pb... mine only benches at like 76...

Durandal7
Jan 7, 2003, 02:10 PM
What I want to know is how the ***** this is a Hardware Rumor?

Moxiemike
Jan 7, 2003, 02:14 PM
but you see... there is a better one now... has anyone xbenched a the 15" pb... mine only benches at like 76...

whatever. its not really better. it's like, another spoke on a wheel. just as important. not better.

and it's only $200 cheaper. spaz.

eVolcre
Jan 7, 2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Moxiemike

God. All you people did was whine about how the iBook needs a G4. And you got it. and now you whine. Pathetic

The word I was thinking of wasn't as gracious as yours but thanks for saying what I was thinking. Didn't want my first post to be negative.

Tanker, I'm going to tell you something that will greatly relieve you. And yes, I am an insider. Ready? Come Closer ... NOBODY IS ****ING FORCING YOU TO BUY THE 17"

The concept of one product for every market segment went out with the Model T boys. Trust me there is a big market for the 17 incher and an even bigger one for the 12" Powerbook.

Take a drink, simmer down, masturbate if you need to and if you ask nicely and politely , i may explain the thought process behind this.

Dude apple is getting killed by moto

Apple is being wounded by an unfortunate convergence of circumstance. The bandage is what we saw today. Does the term treading water come to mind? And it will work until it becomes necessary to fall back to the second line of defense.

And yes, I do know what that is, but it's ludicrous to speculate the way you do. At some point, you cross the line from speculation to obsession. On the flip side, you fellows did help me save some $ last month by waiting for today. :)

You know - it's so simple that you're going to kick yourself in the nuts for not seeing it. And a few people in this board have got it I believe. It was also easy to predict today's move if you're used to that kind of thinking.

vniow
Jan 7, 2003, 02:26 PM
The only people who are going to buy the 17" are the ones that are going to use it as their only computer. It leans more towards 'desktop replacement' than the previous 15.2". The people who need more of a laptop will go ahead and buy the 15.2"

As for the 12", that's targeted at people who woulld like an iBook because of size, but need the power of the G4, or since the 12" Powerbook is a bit smaller, someone who'e willing to pay a premium for a small notebook.

You're a fool if you don't think Apple knowa about the processor problem, of course they know, why do you think that the focus is on laptops now instead of desktops? Design, function and portability are the selling factors in this market, not speed.
Show me another 12", 1.18" thin, 4.6 lbs, $1999 notebook that burns DVDs. I dare you.

Apple owns in laptops and that's where they're going to continue to focus until they get better chips in the desktops.

Off to the Wasteland we go.......

Nebrie
Jan 7, 2003, 02:37 PM

people bitch and whine all day about the same old damn hardware, and when Apple delivers, people still bitch and whine all day about it. Shut up.

vollspacken
Jan 7, 2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Moxiemike

listen up, cheeky monkey!!!
I did not complain about the ibook and the G3!!! The iBook is good as it is!

watch your mouth and THINK before you open it. people like you only have their head in order to keep the rain out...:mad:

Moxiemike
Jan 7, 2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by vollspacken

what a stupid move!!!

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!

Ok. i never said your little kraut butt said anything about g4 ibooks. But it was a VERY prevalent topic here.

As far as the 12" g4.. find me a comparable PC laptop that can burn DVDs, small footprint, etc for under 2k. This thing is gonna sell like HOTCAKES.

I also have chatted several people (myself included) who are thinking about ditching their powermac towers for the 17" book, hooking it up to their LCDs and having all their info in once place.

So yea, those will sell as well. As far as "complicating" the product line... god. It's not very complicated at all.

They have the iBook, with several configurations.

They have the PowerBook, with several configurations.

They have the iMac with several configurations.

They have the PowerMac with several configurations.

For people who need a server, they have Xserve with severa configs.

For those on a super tight budget, they have the original iMac and the eMac.

There's nothing confusing about it. You're a prosumer? You want an iMac with a SuperDrive. They have those.

You're an aesthete on a budget? $1199 iMac with CDRW.

You're a power user who moves around? PB 17"

There's something for everyone, and their product line ISN'T Convoluted, nor is it deviating (with a small exception--the iMac classic and eMac and Xserve) from the product matrix SJ introduced in 1998.

They're portable line is well rounded, with perfect options for everyone:

999 for the budget user
1299 for the user who needs a bit more fucntionality.
1499 for the user who wants a bigger screen
1799-1999 for the pro who longs for portability
2299-2799 for the pro who wants a desktop replacement but is short on space
3299 for the travelling pro who needs everything with him at all times and needs the screen real estate

Get your head out of your fat arse. If only Apple could do the same with their desktop lines.... man.

eVolcre
Jan 7, 2003, 03:00 PM
s for the 12", that's targeted at people who woulld like an iBook because of size, but need the power of the G4, or since the 12" Powerbook is a bit smaller, someone who'e willing to pay a premium for a small notebook.

The ibook was bulky, ugly, childish and not professional. compared to a T30. The new powerbook is perfect as a tote along machine with a powerful desktop at home/office.

I was looking to get away from using onemachine as my only machine and this is perfect. No way in heck could I walk into a high level meeting and takeout a white chunky plastic looking thing.

JSRockit
Jan 7, 2003, 03:27 PM
Hard to please the author of this post. I guess if I were into desktops I'd be pissed too.

JSRockit
Jan 7, 2003, 03:33 PM
The only people who are going to buy the 17" are the ones that are going to use it as their only computer. It leans more towards 'desktop replacement' than the previous 15.2". The people who need more of a laptop will go ahead and buy the 15.2"

As for the 12", that's targeted at people who woulld like an iBook because of size, but need the power of the G4, or since the 12" Powerbook is a bit smaller, someone who'e willing to pay a premium for a small notebook.

You're a fool if you don't think Apple knowa about the processor problem, of course they know, why do you think that the focus is on laptops now instead of desktops? Design, function and portability are the selling factors in this market, not speed.
Show me another 12", 1.18" thin, 4.6 lbs, $1999 notebook that burns DVDs. I dare you.

Apple owns in laptops and that's where they're going to continue to focus until they get better chips in the desktops.

Off to the Wasteland we go.......

Exactly...Another great day for Apple. I love the 12" PowerBook...it is the iBook I have been waiting for. The 17" model is Apple's spin on the desktop replacement, which people will love. I won't buy one, but I know people who will.

JSRockit
Jan 7, 2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by eVolcre
s for the 12", that's targeted at people who woulld like an iBook because of size, but need the power of the G4, or since the 12" Powerbook is a bit smaller, someone who'e willing to pay a premium for a small notebook.

The ibook was bulky, ugly, childish and not professional. compared to a T30. The new powerbook is perfect as a tote along machine with a powerful desktop at home/office.

I was looking to get away from using onemachine as my only machine and this is perfect. No way in heck could I walk into a high level meeting and takeout a white chunky plastic looking thing.

What are you talking about....I bet if you walked into the meeting with the iBook, people would ask you all kinds of questions about it...walk in with the T30 and its just normal. The T30 is nice, don't get me wrong, but all of the Apple portables are just as nice if not nicer...and better tech for the $.

Tiauguinho
Jan 7, 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Tanker-X
Steve jobs your an idiot

Thanks for a Desktop you call a laptop. What the hell am I supposed to do with a 17" laptop! Too Big! Can't use it on a plane.

Suck it easy!

Tanker-X:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Errr... just one thing to tell you.... YOU ARE AN *******!!!!

JSRockit
Jan 7, 2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Tiauguinho

Errr... just one thing to tell you.... YOU ARE AN *******!!!!

BAMM!!!

Duff-Man
Jan 7, 2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Tanker-X
Steve jobs your an idiot

Suck it easy!

Tanker-X:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Duff-man says: "It's only january 7 and already we have a very strong candidate for idiot of the year." Oh Yeah!

Stelliform
Jan 7, 2003, 04:07 PM

Megaquad
Jan 7, 2003, 04:29 PM
First, please moderators delete this thread.
Second, you ****ing whiners SHUT THE **** UP AND THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

12" PowerBook is for those who need power and real mobility - its fast a lot, it has lots of power for serious application and games as well.

15" TiBook.. I dont know what to think.. I guess we just wait until they update it

17" Powerbook is for those who need this things:
-lots of power
-they really need to move they're computer
-they work in graphics up that require lots of screen space
-they are mostly professionals or anyone who wants big space and ability to move it with ease, they don't have to use it *everywhere*

It is great to be able to move such a powerful computer from home to work, or show it to some friends etc.

It is not computer u use holding it on your lap (even though you can do that).

Only thing I don't like about new PowerBooks is that they are a little bit ugly, but I am sure we'll get used to it and they look much better in real life.

Recoil
Jan 7, 2003, 04:34 PM
First, please moderators delete this thread.
Second, you ****ing whiners SHUT THE **** UP AND THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

12" PowerBook is for those who need power and real mobility - its fast a lot, it has lots of power for serious application and games as well.

15" TiBook.. I dont know what to think.. I guess we just wait until they update it

17" Powerbook is for those who need this things:
-lots of power
-they really need to move they're computer
-they work in graphics up that require lots of screen space
-they are mostly professionals or anyone who wants big space and ability to move it with ease, they don't have to use it *everywhere*

It is great to be able to move such a powerful computer from home to work, or show it to some friends etc.

It is not computer u use holding it on your lap (even though you can do that).

Only thing I don't like about new PowerBooks is that they are a little bit ugly, but I am sure we'll get used to it and they look much better in real life

**** REALLY!!! I BET YOU ****ING OWN STOCK IN APPLE AND ARE LOOSING SO MUCH MONEY BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN TO PULL OUT !! ****ER!!!!

MOTO IS KILLING APPLE COMPUTERS AS I TYPE THIS. A 1.25GHZ MAC IS NOT WORTH 3K ANYMORE

THE POWERBOOK IS NO BETTER THEN A SAGER NOTEBOOK COMPUTER FOR HALF THE PRICE. SUCK IT IDIOT

YOUR ****ING IQ MUST BE 12 I AM SHOCKED THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO TYPE ON A FORUM LET ALONE KNOW HOW TO BOOT UP A COMPUTER YOU NOOB.

DELETE THIS BECAUSE ITS THE TRUTH AND STOCK HOLDERS DO NOT WANT TO FACE IT?

OH YEAH AND ONE MORE THING... Think Different

vniow
Jan 7, 2003, 04:39 PM
Recoil, you need to calm the ***** down.

See you in the Wasteland.

diorio
Jan 7, 2003, 04:52 PM
Recoil, you need to calm the ***** down.

See you in the Wasteland.

Everyone needs to calm the ***** down. I always wanted to have the last post in a wasteland thread.

Megaquad
Jan 7, 2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Recoil
**** REALLY!!! I BET YOU ****ING OWN STOCK IN APPLE AND ARE LOOSING SO MUCH MONEY BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHEN TO PULL OUT !! ****ER!!!!

MOTO IS KILLING APPLE COMPUTERS AS I TYPE THIS. A 1.25GHZ MAC IS NOT WORTH 3K ANYMORE

THE POWERBOOK IS NO BETTER THEN A SAGER NOTEBOOK COMPUTER FOR HALF THE PRICE. SUCK IT IDIOT

YOUR ****ING IQ MUST BE 12 I AM SHOCKED THAT YOU KNOW HOW TO TYPE ON A FORUM LET ALONE KNOW HOW TO BOOT UP A COMPUTER YOU NOOB.

DELETE THIS BECAUSE ITS THE TRUTH AND STOCK HOLDERS DO NOT WANT TO FACE IT?

OH YEAH AND ONE MORE THING... Think Different
First, how did you get the idea I own stocks of Apple? That is funny, FYI I dont own stocks of Apple.
And you are calling me newbie while you don't know how to quote and write all message with caps lock.. ehh.

1.25 DP PowerMacs are fine. They are extremely fast machines and you obviously never tried them.

Yes it is better, find me OS and applications (iApps especialy) that work that fine on PC. Find me laptop on PC that is elegant like PowerBook.

Just tell me those things which I cant do well on PowerBook.

I wont even comment your last 2 parts of message, I don't know what is wrong with you, you are either 10 years old or really really stupid.

diorio
Jan 7, 2003, 04:58 PM
None of Recoil's post makes sense, it just makes him sound like a blubbering idiot.

Tiauguinho
Jan 7, 2003, 05:00 PM
Recoill,

Please calm down... If the New Powerbook is no better then a Sager Laptop, then I think that you are the one with IQ problems. Why? Well, first of all im trully impressed that you could write, because you seem that you dont read a lot, I should say that you dont read at all. I was trully impressed to see that the T3 magazine voted 3 Apple products as the best of 2002 in their categories, the iPod, the iMac and the stupid stinking Powerbook that lags behinds snails and all the things that you indirectly say. Quitte more impressive is that the Powerbook gets attention everywhere, people love it, people want one, people want to buy one... and those people are PC Users who are used to see the 3Ghz processors and some other technical things that they dont even know what they are for but they say it with the objective of saying that their dicks are longer than their neighbours. Please dont misunderstand me, I do understand the need to brag, i do understand the need to inovate, to keep on bringing new stuff. What I dont understand is what the hell is your problem... if you say to me that you have a PowerMac 1.25, an Xserve DP 1GHz and that you just ordered a new powerbook to give it a try and that they are all slow... well my friend, it seems to me that you dont need Macs anymore, not even PC's with Intel Processors. you may need something like this, for you to start from the beggining...

Your New iTablet: http://www.fisherprice.com/us/products/product.asp?id=8304

Take care, its a Jungle out there!

dantec
Jan 7, 2003, 05:10 PM
I find it sooo funny that people get sooo worked out about Apple products.

Recoil, if you don't like Macs, go get a Dell. And then when you are fed up with a PC, like I once was, you can come back and tell us how much you liked the experience. (eXPerience crashing, blue screen all other kind of things which are common to windows folk)

iJon
Jan 7, 2003, 05:11 PM
wow, personally i think this was one great keynote, product after product. and you know what, go buy your sager notebook or what ever. we dont give a s***. speed is not everyones top priority. if speed was the only thing these people on these forums cared about, we would have ditched apple a long time ago. did you guys notice all the whiners are newbies, probably just trolls who knows. does anybody know when the iphoto and imovie will be available for download.

iJon

diorio
Jan 7, 2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by dantec
I find it sooo funny that people get sooo worked out about Apple products.

Recoil, if you don't like Macs, go get a Dell. And then when you are fed up with a PC, like I once was, you can come back and tell us how much you liked the experience. (eXPerience crashing, blue screen all other kind of things which are common to windows folk)

Yes, I already regret ordering pc components (haven't even got them yet). I yearn for an imac.

g30ffr3y
Jan 7, 2003, 05:13 PM
this thread is nuts... id like to apologize to apple for being mad at them... ive seen many posts similiar to mine about the powerbook update so soon after the gig'ers/superdrive were brought out and i think its just shock and venting in most cases... ive calmed down so should everyone else...

diorio
Jan 7, 2003, 05:16 PM
this thread is nuts... id like to apologize to apple for being mad at them... ive seen many posts similiar to mine about the powerbook update so soon after the gig'ers/superdrive were brought out and i think its just shock and venting in most cases... ive calmed down so should everyone else...

Don't worry about it, money tends to make people mad when they don't get the best deal. I've wasted money on things, but at least with the powerbook, you still have an excellent machine.

Liamcow
Jan 7, 2003, 05:19 PM
I can tell you I am a super happy-camper today!

This is the chance I've been waiting for, I'm a mid/poweruser, I'm on a budget, and I need more portability than my FP iMac when DJing... More power than the iBook, but less price than the 15" powerbook.
I love the 12" iBook, hate the 14" (so ugly)
After close examination of the QTVR of the new powerbook; It looks just like the iBook! Ports in the same place, same hindge operation, everything! I know I'll be placing my order tomorrow~~~Thanks Steve!

It seems like this Powerbook was made specifically for me!!