PDA

View Full Version : ahh nano is not workingg

imessedupmynano
Dec 28, 2005, 12:02 AM
i was putting on a new invisibleshield, because the old one was old kind of and it didn't look that great and the back was ruined upon application. so i kind of wet it a lot, and then soon on the nano would start turning on while the hold button was on, and the hold button wouldn't work. then after it dried a few hours the thing wouldn't even turn on and then after much playing with it a screen came up with writing about firewire? or something like that and it said like click center to dismiss and i clicked the center button but nothing happened. and all the buttons are broken i think. and then after more playing with it the main screen showed but no matter what i clicked nothing happened. the time displayed on the top changed, but the clickwheel and buttons had no effect. also the hold button now works as you can see the lock in the corner but when you set it back the screen distorted and the lock icon is still there. i reset it, and its just the same thing it went to the main menu but none of the buttons or the clickwheel work. somebody please help me what should i do?! has this happened to anyone before?

katie ta achoo
Dec 28, 2005, 12:28 AM
How much water did you get on it, exactly?
Sounds like you could've shorted out the buttons or something. :eek:

imessedupmynano
Dec 28, 2005, 12:41 AM
umm not too much it's not like i drowned the nano in water but dipped the invisibleshield in water quite a few times. umm so... does the warranty take care of that.. or what do you think is going to happen?? :(

Flowbee
Dec 28, 2005, 01:58 AM
The Invisible Shield instructions clearly state that you should not turn on your iPod until the shield is completely dry (I think they even recommend putting the hold switch on so that you don't accidently turn on your iPod). If you tried to turn it on while it was still wet, I think you may have fried something. Nobody's warranty is going to cover that.

Give it another day to dry out completely and then try turning it on again.

imessedupmynano
Dec 28, 2005, 02:14 AM
okay i did turn it to hold, but i already said the hold button wasn't working. also, i didn't actually try for it to work until the nano WAS dry. it doesn't take 24 hours for the thing to dry.

katie ta achoo
Dec 28, 2005, 11:35 AM
okay i did turn it to hold, but i already said the hold button wasn't working. also, i didn't actually try for it to work until the nano WAS dry. it doesn't take 24 hours for the thing to dry.
there could still be some residual water.
If I were in your shoes I would've given it a good 24 to 48 hours to dry.

Let the nano dry another day in a nice, arid location.. try again.

imessedupmynano
Dec 28, 2005, 03:59 PM
okay i'll try that thanks

imessedupmynano
Jan 6, 2006, 08:05 PM
oh by the way what i did was restore the ipod to factory settings and it worked again :)