Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
apple is suing TWC indirectly and i doubt TWC will put an app on the apple TV while the suit is going on

tthip

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2012
The article does not suggest that TWC is not coming to atv.
It just states people are disappointed that what they thought was the upcoming TWC announcement turned out to be Kindle. And now the wait is just a little longer for the TWC atv app.

Does the recent announcement that the TWC app has been added to the kindle fire really mean that it will not be coming to Apple TV as this article suggests?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57615995-93/time-warner-cable-app-comes-to-kindle-fire-sorry-apple-tv/

I obviously hope not. Maybe the negotiations are still ongoing? Any thoughts or insight?

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
the rockstar patent consortium filed suit against TWC last month. i think it was the 13th

TWC for Roku came out literally a week later
Thanks. I was not aware of this. I really hope the Supreme Court can do something about these silly patents. I was approach years ago about one of my products from a larger company with a patent. They decided not to go forward because in my opinion it was bogus. However, had they forced me to court I would of had to fold due to lawyer fees. So I really have personal distaste for this kind of trolling.

http://gigaom.com/2013/12/13/micros...ortel-patents-to-sue-time-warner-cable-cisco/

While Congress is taking aim at patent trolling with a proposed law called the Innovation Act, Microsoft has already succeeded in stripping out a part of the law that would have made it easier to challenge bad patents. This means the best hope for a return to patent sanity may lie with the Supreme Court, which last week agreed to consider what type of software patents should be granted in the first place.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
not sure which patents they are suing over, but rockstar is all the old Nortel patents. these are real patents that helped build the internet back in the day

most of the so called patent troll suits are based on real patents from the 80's and 90's when all of the current tech was developed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.