PDA

View Full Version : Dopey Itunes/Ipod 101 questions

jerrygarcia
Dec 28, 2005, 08:13 AM
We have 4 IPODS in our house. How do we setup Itunes to have 4 different accounts for each individual so we can download our own specific music?

Or

If that is not possible, how do we use the same Itunes account & download certain tunes, instead of all of the music on the account. I attempted last night & Itunes was hell bent on transferring all of the songs even after I checked specific songs I wanted to download.:rolleyes:

Mitthrawnuruodo
Dec 28, 2005, 08:26 AM
How to use multiple iPods with one computer (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300432)

Mal
Dec 28, 2005, 08:27 AM
Once you plug in one of the iPods, go into the iTunes Prefences and to the iPod tab, and tell it to sync specific playlists, or to sync manually. If you do it as playlists, then all you have to do is set up the playlist(s) you want on each iPod, and then check those playlists in that tab in Preferences. If you do it manually, you'll simply drag-and-drop songs from computer to iPod in iTunes.

BTW, not to pick on you, but if you hang around here, you'll want to remember iPod instead of Ipod and iTunes instead of Itunes. ;)

jW