Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwciv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2014
Having an issue with iMessage, hoping you can help.
  • I can send iMessages to all my contacts running ios
  • I can receive iMessages from all my contacts running ios except from my Daughter
  • My Daughter can receive iMessages from all her contacts running ios (including me)
  • My Daughter can send iMessages to all her contacts running ios except to me
Spoke with apple support, no solution yet, they think it is her phone not mine.
My daughter has tried sending to both my phone number and apple ID, neither work.
I've seen some threads with very similar issues but no resolution. Hoping someone can help.
Thanks

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
First thing I want you to try is hold the home button and the sleep button at the same time until you see the apple logo. Do this to both phones and tell me how it goes.

jwciv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2014
First thing I want you to try is hold the home button and the sleep button at the same time until you see the apple logo. Do this to both phones and tell me how it goes.

Done on one phone, the other phone is out of touch for a day, will post back when it's done on both and will let you know.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

jayes

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
I had the same thing between my daughter's and my iPhone. Started because she was signed out of iCloud because she had changed her password. And then we couldn't get iMessage to work normally.
iMessage to and from her worked if she was part of a group message but not if we went back and forth between just the two of us. Our solution was to delete the conversations entirely on the phones that were using text vs iMessage. Once they were gone I started a new thread and it picked up iMessaging again.

jwciv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2014
Thank you all for the replies. Reboots did not fix it. My daughter deleted me from contacts and added me back, no fix. She them added my email address, which is my apple id, to my contact info in her phone, issue solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.