Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
I am using Byword on my iPad to write and publish blog posts to Wordpress but having trouble finding a solution to deal with images efficiently.

I need an app the allows you to crop an image to an exact size in pixels, I have found lots of apps that allow you to freely crop but not to an exact size, anyone know of an app that can do this?

I also need an app that can add a watermark image over the cropped image.

If anyone knows of an app that can do both of these that would be great but if not two separate app suggestions would help :)

Thanks in Advance!

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
I use Impression to add a text watermark to my photos and am very pleased with it. :)

Sorry, can't help with the cropping question.

EDIT: Just noticed you said watermark image. Sorry, I guess I'm not much help at all. :eek:... leaving my answer in case it helps anyone else.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Filterstorm will do what you want. It allows you to enter your crop dimensions, and then center your picture within. For your watermark, you can either add text with variable opacity, or you can do a "double exposure", and adjust the opacity of your second (watermark) image.

It's got a bit of a learning curve, but it's very powerful. Also, my info is based on their older version -- I see they have something new (neue?) out.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
UK
Filterstorm will do what you want. It allows you to enter your crop dimensions, and then center your picture within. For your watermark, you can either add text with variable opacity, or you can do a "double exposure", and adjust the opacity of your second (watermark) image.

It's got a bit of a learning curve, but it's very powerful. Also, my info is based on their older version -- I see they have something new (neue?) out.

Thanks will take a look :)

girlvsplanet

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2014
It's not free, but I use Photoshop Touch for this exact thing. I use Blogsy to blog with, then edit my photos with PS Touch. Works great with Wordpress!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.