Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fozziemusic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
I just bought a nice ipad air primarily for making music - hence my nickname. However, it is nice for many more things obviously. I'm considering a keyboard cover for incidental stuff that requires more typing.

Right now I just use the Apple smart cover, but I will add a back cover like the Belkin snap shield or poetic thinshield. So far so good, I've read lots of reports of people using this setup and I think it would be the best balance between protection and 'airiness' for me.

Now for the real question: is there a bluetooth keyboard cover that is compatible with such a back cover and that can be easily exchanged with the smart cover? So I keep the back cover on in both cases, and only switch between smart and keyboard cover. That way, I would have the possibility to switch easily between netbook-like good typing with slight bulkiness and slim setup for music making, browsing, etc.

Any suggestions welcome, also if I should consider a skin instead of back cover, maybe that would be more likely to be successful?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.