PDA

View Full Version : Charging in Case

john159
Dec 28, 2005, 07:01 PM
I recently bought the new Evo3 for my ipod with video, and i read in the ipod manual that you are supposed to remove the ipod from any case before charging. Should i removed it from this case, it does have four series of small holes in each corner on the back is that enough to release heat... just a quick question

EricNau
Dec 28, 2005, 09:17 PM
It depends on how hot the iPod becomes when charging it in that case (as all cases are different). It's to protect the battery (Lithium Ion batteries can loose capacity if the become too hot, especially when charging).

If it's easy to take out of the case, you probably should.

cygni
Dec 28, 2005, 09:45 PM
I'll agree with the above poster to follow the directions.
however, I have a 60 gig ipod photo, it hasn't been out of the case since day three and I haven't experienced any heat issues. Can't say I have actually even felt it get warm, although, evo3 has smaller holes than my case...
make sure to clean the case fairly regularly, as the evo skins attract every bit of lint and fuzz around.

iDM
Dec 28, 2005, 10:07 PM
I've charged a couple different gens of ipods and I have not found any of them to get very hot. However in a case that keeps the heat in and provides an insulating layer that could change things. I doubt one of those silicone cases would really hurt it though your problem good dude.