PDA

View Full Version : Safari SUKKS like hell Dude

geniusrock2002
Jan 7, 2003, 03:41 PM
I have just installed the new Browser "Safari****", and dude, that carp is way slower than IE. What the hell Apple was talking about. Those Apple guys needs to switch to intel.

It took 2 minutes to load google on a broadband connection, at the same I pop in IE and it just loaded in 5 sec.

Also the 800 Ibook is faster than dual 1 Gig dude, and I have a 2Ghz celeron that kick ass of both apple.

About the fps, I can't get more than 30 on the dual gig.

Man I am SWITCHING TO WINBLOWS, because it's faster and it BLOWS

mac15
Jan 7, 2003, 03:48 PM
what site, did you load, its rocking my system, google may have been busy,

things I like

Bookmarks - Amazing, really they are
Speed - its close with chimera
Scrolling -scrolling is fast as
Anti-aliasing - the pages looks gorgeous
java- its got way better java support than chimera and its up the IE standard

I'd like to see tabs then this thing will be complete, its perfect in every way. Although it did load a few sites a bit wonky for me. But for a beat this app rocks

vniow
Jan 7, 2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by geniusrock2002

Man I am SWITCHING TO WINBLOWS, because it's faster and it BLOWS

Oh no, I'm switching to PC because Apple created a broswer that I could or could not download. Apple blows!

mnkeybsness
Jan 7, 2003, 04:25 PM
i have only 2 complaints about safari (which i'm using right now)

complaints:
tabs-why are they not incorporated...surely apple's techie guys must have used and loved them, why didn't they include them

bookmarks-why can't i create a folder inside the menu to hold more bookmarks or categorize them better

perhaps there are chances in the non-beta release

robbieduncan
Jan 7, 2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
i have only 2 complaints about safari (which i'm using right now)

complaints:
tabs-why are they not incorporated...surely apple's techie guys must have used and loved them, why didn't they include them

bookmarks-why can't i create a folder inside the menu to hold more bookmarks or categorize them better

perhaps there are chances in the non-beta release

Tabs : I agree.

Bookmarks issue: Bookmarks->Show All Bookmarks and click the + in the bottom left OR Bookmarks->Add Bookmarks Folder. Name the folder to whatever you want. Click on Bookmarks Menu (2nd item down for me at the moment). Now drag the folder to wherever you want in the menu.

Duff-Man
Jan 7, 2003, 04:49 PM
Duff-man says "not bad for a beta and first public release....i've been trying lots of my bookmarked sites and most of them *do* load much faster, except a lot of the mac news sites which seem to be really bogged down today for some reason....heheh. i am sure we'll all be giving apple lots of feedback to gets the rest of the bugs out and get in the features we want (tabs!)." Oh Yeah!

djniche
Jan 7, 2003, 05:00 PM
any of you had problem with flash content playing??

atomwork
Jan 7, 2003, 05:16 PM
Yeah it is slow. I tested heavy flash sites. At least it is as slow as netscape. I was wondering anyway what test that was. NE is slower then IE here. IE Is still the best for my use. Hope the final version will kick butt. I love apple apps

Run a dual G4 867 with 512 MB DDRAM in OS X

Guess Steve worked too long...

Raiden
Jan 7, 2003, 05:18 PM
"New emotions...Brewing in Duff-Man...What would Jesus Do? ...Oh Yeah!!!" *thrusts hips to cheesy rock music*

ehem... I havent downloaded safari yet, and I am dissapointed in the no tabs thing. Maybe tabs will be in the final release if enough people complain to apple...

sparkleytone
Jan 7, 2003, 05:23 PM
i think its somewhat cool, but i will not use it regularly until it has tabs and can import my bookmarks from chimera.

solvs
Jan 7, 2003, 05:31 PM
Lemme guess newbie, you're a troll?

It is a Beta, and I haven't tried it yet, but it looks cool. If it works half as good as IE, it will be my browser of choice. Tabs aren't that important to me.

Now I'm off to Tacoma.

iJon
Jan 7, 2003, 05:42 PM
yeah this guy doenst even seem to know what he is talking about. yeah my pc maybe brings up google a split second faster. you are a troll and everyone knows it. oh by the way, your 2ghz celeron, why dont you come park that baby next to my dual ghz and we will see who kicks whose ass. haha if you are gonna build a pc at least get a decent processor like a p4, celeron, wow.

iJon