PDA

View Full Version : 30GB + Agent 18 case - Dockable?

adk
Dec 29, 2005, 12:52 PM
I just got my agent 18 case (still waiting for the pod), and a thought crossed my mind - will a 30GB ipod with the agent 18 case fit in a dock? Hopefully somebody can let me know before I open the package. Also, I know I should just search this, but the 5G fits in the old docks too, right?

Supercross
Dec 29, 2005, 05:50 PM
I just got my agent 18 case (still waiting for the pod), and a thought crossed my mind - will a 30GB ipod with the agent 18 case fit in a dock? Hopefully somebody can let me know before I open the package. Also, I know I should just search this, but the 5G fits in the old docks too, right?
The second part of your question is yes, the 5G does fit in the old docks, but I am also interested in whether or not the A18 VideoShield fits in the dock, as I am about to order one.

adk
Dec 29, 2005, 06:21 PM
The second part of your question is yes, the 5G does fit in the old docks, but I am also interested in whether or not the A18 VideoShield fits in the dock, as I am about to order one.

well before you do make sure you search around here to find the $10 off coupon code.

Supercross
Dec 29, 2005, 06:31 PM
well before you do make sure you search around here to find the $10 off coupon code.
I have the code but the coupon has expired...too bad. It worked last night but now it says it has expired.

panoz7
Dec 29, 2005, 06:50 PM
I was just looking through another forum and found this:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=1956859#post1956859

I bought the agent 18 case tonight for my 30 gig and didn't even think about fitting it in the dock. I only have the dock for my mini but I plan on eventually getting one for my precious 5g and this looks like a good solution. I figure that even if I screw up filing down the dock adapter I can allways buy a new one. Hope it helps.

iHateWindows
Dec 29, 2005, 08:32 PM
Using the 5G 30 GB w/ the Universal Dock, it doesn't work

Supercross
Dec 29, 2005, 11:20 PM
Could someone else try the coupon code and see if it works for them? It would really stink if they stopped honoring it starting today. I dont know if Im allowed to post the code here, but if I am I will.

jimsowden
Dec 29, 2005, 11:21 PM
30GB + Agent 18 case ? Dockable
(I guess the does not equal does not work)

itgoesbuzz
Dec 30, 2005, 08:40 AM
try putting it in the dock without the dock adapter, i read somewhere that doing that works.

(i think that what i read pertains to the universal dock)

phatspider
Dec 30, 2005, 08:51 AM
same for me - worked yesterday - went back to order today and its expired!

adk
Dec 31, 2005, 11:52 AM
Well, I gave in and opened up the case, and it definitely does not fit in an old style dock.

skythefly13
Jan 1, 2006, 04:54 PM
I have both the dock and the agent 18 case and I found it definitely wont fit if its trying to be put into the adapter. I just use it without a dock adapter and it works fine, and i just try to be careful with it.

adk
Jan 1, 2006, 05:03 PM
I have both the dock and the agent 18 case and I found it definitely wont fit if its trying to be put into the adapter. I just use it without a dock adapter and it works fine, and i just try to be careful with it.

Are you talking universal Dock?

Minor115
Aug 13, 2006, 10:17 PM
"skythefly13 I have both the dock and the agent 18 case and I found it definitely wont fit if its trying to be put into the adapter. I just use it without a dock adapter and it works fine, and i just try to be careful with it."

I have heard this, but wasn't sure about it. Also, anybody know if the agent 18 case fits into the Kensington Entertainment 500 dock (similar to the universal dock)?

Chundles
Aug 13, 2006, 10:43 PM
My Agent 18 case for the nano came with it's own Universal Dock insert. Nice case too, won't need to remove the nano ever now - would be even better if it had a thin protector over the clickwheel.

interlaced
Aug 13, 2006, 11:11 PM
My Agent 18 case for the nano came with it's own Universal Dock insert. Nice case too, won't need to remove the nano ever now - would be even better if it had a thin protector over the clickwheel.

I'm sorry I'm going off on a tangent here but does it harm your iPod if you plug it into the dock without the proper insert? I ask this because I'm often switching back and forth between my Nano and 30GB and am too lazy to pull out the appropriate insert.

NeoMac
Aug 14, 2006, 07:18 AM
I can dock my 30 Gig 5G iPod with my Agent 18 case. All I had to do was remove the insert from the universal dock and it fits perfectly.

macOSX-tastic
Aug 14, 2006, 09:43 AM
i'm here to provide visual proof that a 30GB ipod will work in a UNIVERSAL dock with the agent18 case on. if you dont put a dock adapter in, it will work.

S

Squareball
Aug 14, 2006, 09:51 AM
I'm sorry I'm going off on a tangent here but does it harm your iPod if you plug it into the dock without the proper insert? I ask this because I'm often switching back and forth between my Nano and 30GB and am too lazy to pull out the appropriate insert.

Of course it can't hurt the iPod but the docking mechanism is really thin and fragile and if you aren't careful you could snap it in half when docking or undocking without an adapter