Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
I found this very strange. A friend of mine is trying to label a phone number in his contact as "iPhone" and it is not available to choose. He has a bunch of different labels as an options that I don't.

I have attached a screen shot of his phone and mine. Why are they different? Both are running iOS 7.0.4.

Attachments

• IMG_0109.PNG
    IMG_0109.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2774.PNG
    IMG_2774.PNG
    46.3 KB · Views: 91

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
yeah i can do that but how come iPhone isn't an option. I was reading on the apple support forum that it might have to do with syncing and exchange email.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
yeah i can do that but how come iPhone isn't an option. I was reading on the apple support forum that it might have to do with syncing and exchange email.

Yeah, sounds quite likely. If you have other labels on whatever you're syncing with, I can easily imagine these are synced over and possibly replace some of the defaults.

AcesHigh87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
I just noticed this when adding a contact on my iPhone. Not sure why it happened. I just deleted the contact it was happening on, went into groups, turned off everything but contracts (Facebook, Gmail, Outlook) and tried again. Worked as per usual (your screenshot) after that.

My guess is it tried to add it as like a gmail contact or something and screwed up apple's labels.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I found this very strange. A friend of mine is trying to label a phone number in his contact as "iPhone" and it is not available to choose. He has a bunch of different labels as an options that I don't.

I have attached a screen shot of his phone and mine. Why are they different? Both are running iOS 7.0.4.

Does he use iCloud for his contacts? If he uses gmail or another CardDav account, it may look different

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Does he use iCloud for his contacts? If he uses gmail or another CardDav account, it may look different

Yes he has 2 email accounts. One is gmail and one is an exchange account I think. Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.