PDA

View Full Version : Feeler-Sawtooth 450MHz Dual 18 Gig SCSI Updated Video Card

Mr. Anderson
Dec 29, 2005, 06:17 PM
So I'm getting a Quad soon and I'm going to get rid of my old Sawtooth - this is the first G4 that came in the silver and blue - ATI G4 Meg Card, don't remember which one but the ID in the profile is 0x514c. It has a DVD RAM drive, zip drive and 1 Gig of RAM.

So how much is this worth and is anyone interested in it? I'll be downloading files off of it once I get the G5 - so I'll have it available mid/late January.

Thanks,

D

doucy2
Dec 29, 2005, 06:28 PM
in the $400 range probally
my best guess
is it pci or agp

good luck with the sale

aquajet
Dec 29, 2005, 06:32 PM
All duals are AGP

Lord Blackadder
Dec 29, 2005, 06:35 PM
Actually if it truly is a dual 450 than it is a Gigabit Ethernet (http://www.lowendmac.com/ppc/g4mp.html) - a little better than the Sawtooth (it has 4x AGP and one extra PCI slot + gigabit ethernet)...$400 sounds about right, maybe more.

It's funny, but the appearance of the Mac Mini has actually increased demand for old G4s contrary to expectations, since some potential Mini buyers choose the old towers for their expandability. In other words, it's a seller's market. :)

doucy2
Dec 29, 2005, 06:38 PM
Yeah, it's probably a Sawtooth...$400 sounds about right.

It's funny, but the appearance of the Mac Mini has actually increased demand for old G4s contrary to expectations, since some potential Mini buyers choose the old towers for their expandability. In other words, it's a seller's market. :)
not really i have 2 powermac g4's that i am selling and no one really wants them that much
demand isnt that high

aquajet
Dec 29, 2005, 06:39 PM
PM sent

Mr. Anderson
Dec 29, 2005, 07:07 PM
Its a single CPU, the original one, ordered it the first day of MacWorld New York (I think) when they debuted.

The graphics are APG and its a ATI Radeon 8500, 64 Megs.

I'll post a pic soon.

D

mjstew33
Dec 29, 2005, 07:32 PM
not really i have 2 powermac g4's that i am selling and no one really wants them that much
demand isnt that high
I think he means that they are higher demand then what they used to be. Also, I think he means on eBay. You don't have nearly half or even a quarter chance of selling things through a forum. I maybe wrong, but that's just how it seems.