Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Basically, iOS 7 looks soft, childlike and round. The straight square edges would make it more professional. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Basically, iOS 7 looks soft, childlike and round. The straight square edges would make it more professional. Thoughts?

I'm fine with it as it is. Actually, I don't really care that much...you tap the icon, get to the app, and get on with life.

And I'm a professional!:p

:rolleyes: ;)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

"Professional" didn't work very well for Blackberry. iOS 7 is fine the way it is. If you want to talk about childlike you may want to give iOS 6 another look. It looks like Fisher Price designed it.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Every time I look at an iPhone running Pre iOS 7 the interface looks so old and antiquated. I can't see myself going back to that. Why does your phone software have to look so proffesional? are you constantly opening it and showing it around at high level business meetings?

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
As far as I'm concerned it's more square than before, the dock is perfectly square and sharp versus the 3d dock in iOS 6. Everything is flat, square and sharp.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
As far as I'm concerned it's more square than before, the dock is perfectly square and sharp versus the 3d dock in iOS 6. Everything is flat, square and sharp.

Exactly. It seems that only the number pad for entering the passcode and for calling has become round, as well as open folders. Before iOS 7, EVERYTHING had round corners. iOS 7 is much more square, almost completely so. Either the OP in fact likes round everything and just forgot, or iOS 7 is going exactly the direction he wants.

lambertjohn

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2012
Who the h$%# cares? It's a phone for goodness sakes. You make a call on it, and it goes back in your pocket. That's right, YOU, nobody else. There's better things to do with your life than worry about what the interface looks like. Instead of posting frivolous thoughts about round vs. square, yada yada, get out and grab life by balls and do something meaningful with your 60 or 70 years. Eh, maybe I should do the same thing. Outta here pronto.

attila

macrumors 6502a
Who the h$%# cares? It's a phone for goodness sakes. You make a call on it, and it goes back in your pocket. That's right, YOU, nobody else. There's better things to do with your life than worry about what the interface looks like. Instead of posting frivolous thoughts about round vs. square, yada yada, get out and grab life by balls and do something meaningful with your 60 or 70 years.

It's device he uses every day, every hour. Naturally he wants it to look the best and feel the most comfortable. The interface is the highest priority for a device he spent $500 on!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.