PDA

View Full Version : album Artwork wont appear in Video iPod

mannix87
Dec 30, 2005, 02:47 AM
I'm not sure if this was discussed in a previous thread but I need some help here.

I recently uploaded my collection of album artwork into the iPod (just as I did with my old iPhoto). I even set the preferences to "show artwork in iPod", the artwork works as espected w/ the iTunes. unfortunately, whenever it's unplugged from the computer, the iPod won't show the artwork when a particular song is playing. I've reset the iPod several times to no avail. connected, disconnected, re_connected several times with the iTunes, and reset the settings many times as well, just to be sure. Nothing seems to work. I have no problem w/ the video, works just fine. same with the regular photos. it's just the darn artwork that won't show up. anyone have any ideas? :confused:

starnox
Dec 30, 2005, 04:22 AM
If you ctrl/right click on a song in iTunes and go to 'Get Info' then click the Artwork tab along the top. Does the artwork show up in there?

cwedl
Dec 30, 2005, 04:24 AM
I get the same thing when I try and make the album art bigger on my iPod video, To be honest it does really bother that much normally have the ipod in my pocket.

martintyler
Dec 30, 2005, 01:00 PM
I find only some tracks show my album art, and they are definitely there in itunes (not just a case of only adding the album to one song).

asherman13
Dec 30, 2005, 01:12 PM
it seems to me that it's just one particular song, from the op. is this true? do any songs show their album art on the ipod?

starnox
Dec 30, 2005, 01:36 PM
I have added album art to all my songs and they all show up fine on my Video iPod. Not sure what's wrong your end.

mannix87
Dec 30, 2005, 09:36 PM
If you ctrl/right click on a song in iTunes and go to 'Get Info' then click the Artwork tab along the top. Does the artwork show up in there?

Yes.

mannix87
Dec 30, 2005, 09:38 PM
it seems to me that it's just one particular song, from the op. is this true? do any songs show their album art on the ipod?

it's not just one song. but all.

psimon88
Jan 13, 2006, 07:15 PM
Brand new 5G iPod with latest updated software on XP, iTunes latest version.

Album art is on the song and options but it doesn't appear on the iPod. So freaking frustrating..

asherman13
Jan 14, 2006, 12:48 PM
Brand new 5G iPod with latest updated software on XP, iTunes latest version.

Album art is on the song and options but it doesn't appear on the iPod. So freaking frustrating..

this is happending to a friend of mine who has a 4G color ipod...any luck yet?

mannix87
Jan 15, 2006, 12:10 AM
I checked w/ Apple support, i guess i made a mistake of uploading the artwork straight into the video iPod, (w/c was fine w/ the iPhoto); I was told that the artwork should be part of the song in iTunes first before being uploaded into the video iPod, so I did as suggested and it worked. It sucked a bit as I had to delete first what I already had in the video iPod and then I had to upload (w/ the artwork now) the song/s again. it's not easy if you have 20GB worth of music to sort through :)

bzollinger
Jan 15, 2006, 12:41 AM
I checked w/ Apple support, i guess i made a mistake of uploading the artwork straight into the video iPod, (w/c was fine w/ the iPhoto); I was told that the artwork should be part of the song in iTunes first before being uploaded into the video iPod, so I did as suggested and it worked. It sucked a bit as I had to delete first what I already had in the video iPod and then I had to upload (w/ the artwork now) the song/s again. it's not easy if you have 20GB worth of music to sort through :)

You think 20GB is bad try a full 50GB!!!:mad: :eek: :rolleyes: I tested apple's suggestion for one album and it worked. I then tried to fool it by copying the whole playlist and renaming it. That didn't work. So I just removed everything which only took a few minutes. Now it's uploading everything over again. It would have taken way too long to find out what does and what doesn't have album art and the do it manually.....

I guess as long as it works then it's alright. I think it is very lame of Apple to remove functionality. Because like others I could update just the art on my 4G iPod photo.

mannix87
Jan 15, 2006, 01:13 AM
You think 20GB is bad try a full 50GB!!!:mad: :eek: :rolleyes: I tested apple's suggestion for one album and it worked. I then tried to fool it by copying the whole playlist and renaming it. That didn't work. So I just removed everything which only took a few minutes. Now it's uploading everything over again. It would have taken way too long to find out what does and what doesn't have album art and the do it manually.....

I guess as long as it works then it's alright. I think it is very lame of Apple to remove functionality. Because like others I could update just the art on my 4G iPod photo.

50GBs!! crappy, indeed. what I forgot to mention was that the problem would not have occurred if my iPod was on auto synch/update setting.

adn rcd dly
Jan 15, 2006, 01:10 PM
my brother and I just figured that out last night too. I told him to update all of the artwork in his library and then do an Automatic Upadate. Worked great.:p

bzollinger
Jan 15, 2006, 02:50 PM
my brother and I just figured that out last night too. I told him to update all of the artwork in his library and then do an Automatic Upadate. Worked great.:p

By automatic update do you mean have that playlist automatically updated when your iPod is connected? That is how I have mine set-up and the album art didn't come through. I just removed that playlist (all 50GB), sync'd, then added that play list, and sync'd again. After all of the songs had been copied, the art showed up right.:rolleyes:

mannix87
Jan 16, 2006, 07:16 AM
I think it's a program glitch. the Apple tech support mentioned that if at any time you set the iPod for manual managing, even if you set it back to auto synch, the artwork still won't show up; that's why you have to delete everything 1st and upload all the deleted files again (w/ the artwork this time).:rolleyes:

asherman13
Jan 16, 2006, 11:23 AM
I think it's a program glitch. the Apple tech support mentioned that if at any time you set the iPod for manual managing, even if you set it back to auto synch, the artwork still won't show up; that's why you have to delete everything 1st and upload all the deleted files again (w/ the artwork this time).:rolleyes:

mine is set for manual managing (i don't have enough space on my comp for my videos) and i see all my artwork....i have a 5G 30GB...

adn rcd dly
Jan 16, 2006, 08:09 PM
By automatic update do you mean have that playlist automatically updated when your iPod is connected? That is how I have mine set-up and the album art didn't come through. I just removed that playlist (all 50GB), sync'd, then added that play list, and sync'd again. After all of the songs had been copied, the art showed up right.:rolleyes:
no. i mean automatic for the whole damn thing. that is how we did it, i don't know about individual playlists

combatcupcake
Jan 31, 2006, 08:36 AM
I loaded all the artwork for my music in itunes off my hard drive, then I copy to ipod video, artwork shows fine, but then out of nowhere it all disappears, if I plug into comp itunes shows it all, but the ipod wont show any, artwork on enhanced podcasts works fine but not mp3s
and yes show artwork is enabled.
I cant figure it out.

combatcupcake
Jan 31, 2006, 10:47 AM
So I tried the solutions in the other thread, of 2300 mp3s on my ipod, 1 had the white glitch of no artwork and no 'drag artwork here' so i fixed that, and for good measure made sure no tracks had multiple artwork
I did this in itunes ON my ipod, ejected, all of a sudden i can see artwork again
What horrible programming!!!
This is just another reason I hate macs!

mcstewart37
Feb 7, 2006, 04:21 PM
I have a similar problem with my 4gb iPod Nano, but instead of deleting album art it shows the wrong art on certain songs.

I've tried restoring the iPod, which works for about 15 minutes then the problems starts again.

The ablum art shows up in iTunes.

I use MPFreaker to add the art to my songs. BTW, its a great program. You have to pay for it, but I don't work for them I promise: http://www.lairware.com/mpfreaker/

Its pretty annoying about the album art cause thats one reason why I got a new iPizzle...

steve_hill4
Feb 7, 2006, 06:44 PM
So I tried the solutions in the other thread, of 2300 mp3s on my ipod, 1 had the white glitch of no artwork and no 'drag artwork here' so i fixed that, and for good measure made sure no tracks had multiple artwork
I did this in itunes ON my ipod, ejected, all of a sudden i can see artwork again
What horrible programming!!!
This is just another reason I hate macs!
As a user of both Windows and Macs, I have to say this alone is not a basis for hating Macs. Are you using a PC or Mac at the moment? If so, why do I hear so many Mac-haters who have now bought iPods and still can't come up with a decent argument to favour windows over OS X? If you are using a Mac, surely you can think of countless other things that make Macs better than Windows based PCs. If you haven't used Windows in a while, please do and you will re-evaluate your statement.

ibilly
Feb 7, 2006, 07:53 PM
I find only some tracks show my album art, and they are definitely there in itunes (not just a case of only adding the album to one song).

Same problem here... It's very frustrating!

striker
Feb 8, 2006, 06:55 AM
I have a video ipod 60gb and an ibook G4 and am very happy with both of them. Just now I wanted to add artwork to the songs on my ipod. Similarly to the problems others have posted before, my ipod doesn't show all of the artwork. But the strange thing is that it shows some newly added artwork to SOME already existing songs (even with "manually manage" activated) and on the other hand it doesn't show the artwork of songs I imported from the beginning with the original artwork.
Where's the logic? It's a pity that Apple is giving such miserable support to their top selling product. It seems that their only suggestion for problems is "restore" that's very Microsoft-like isn't it?
Striker

denger
Feb 23, 2006, 10:54 PM
I fixed the problem.
\
what I did was, on the iPod preferences, i 'unchecked' the button show album art on ipod..

it updated itself.

then i 'checked' that same button. it updated itself. I ejected it, and the artwork was back again, where it should be.

furthermore, a good link to get the artwork is

http://tpemble.urfbownd.net/itunes/itunes-search.php

and I use mp3rage to manage my id3s.

seeya

ehayut
Feb 24, 2006, 05:48 AM
I fixed the problem.
\
what I did was, on the iPod preferences, i 'unchecked' the button show album art on ipod..

it updated itself.

then i 'checked' that same button. it updated itself. I ejected it, and the artwork was back again, where it should be.

Yup, I did this very same thing last week, and it worked perfectly

combatcupcake
Mar 3, 2006, 10:42 AM
As a user of both Windows and Macs, I have to say this alone is not a basis for hating Macs. Are you using a PC or Mac at the moment? If so, why do I hear so many Mac-haters who have now bought iPods and still can't come up with a decent argument to favour windows over OS X? If you are using a Mac, surely you can think of countless other things that make Macs better than Windows based PCs. If you haven't used Windows in a while, please do and you will re-evaluate your statement.

I use a PC at home and Mac at work, I know PCs very well and Macs pretty well.
I will always prefer winodws, Mac has too many odd issues that someone who is proficient with computers and knows how they like to do things cant fix.
I HATE the menu bar that stays at the top, trying using 2 monitors and you'll see why its bad. And the fact that the placement of menus changes depending on the length of the active app's name, thats just horrible.
The Finder is also really bad, just check out 'FTFF' on Wikipedia.
Windows Explorer in Windows blows the finder to pieces. The ONLY nice thing about the finder is the ability to highlight items with colors.

I also hate how you cant actually maximize a window on Mac, all the green button does it make the window large enough to see all the content of that window, doesnt actually make the window full screen.

The dock also is badly designed, shortcuts and open apps should be seperated, just like the task bar and start menu in windows. Only open apps are on the bar.

Theres lots more issues that I dont like about macs (how bout some choices in system colors for one), Windows lets me do more with it and works better.
Macs have only a few small advantages, which is not enough to make me even think about switching. And BTW, Windows is far from a perfect OS, but it is closer than OSX.

Hally
Apr 10, 2006, 08:48 AM
how come if i buy a CD and put all the songs onto my iPod the album art doesn't appear. I just worked out how to put the album art on froma picture off the internet but i don't understand why i have to do this if it is from a CD. Maybe i'm wrong but i thought CD's have album art or am i just being stupid.:D

luckylisp
Apr 10, 2006, 01:48 PM
Nah, it won't work with store bought cd's. The only way you get the artwork automatically is if the cd is purchased through iTunes. Otherwise you have to download and apply it yourself.

Hally
Apr 10, 2006, 04:30 PM
Yeah i thought so as i put 4 CDs on. I just thought there was a setting i could change.