PDA

View Full Version : Help with my iBook please.

dark.deadpool
Dec 30, 2005, 09:30 AM
Hey there, I'm having some serious problems with my iBook.

I bought a burned DVD of a movie that was 2 disks. I watched the first with no problem, but when i popped the second one in, not only did the computer not recognize it, I can't even eject it. I tried to restart, but now the finder has that spinning wheel.

I'm running osX panther, if that helps.

Thanks in advance

840quadra
Dec 30, 2005, 09:35 AM
Reboot your system.

After you hear the startup chime, push and hold the mouse or trackpad mouse button until the DVD ejects.

dark.deadpool
Dec 30, 2005, 09:46 AM
Reboot your system.

After you hear the startup chime, push and hold the mouse or trackpad mouse button until the DVD ejects.

I can't. When I come to reboot, all applications quit, but the spinning wheel simply continues spinning. Unless there's another way to reboot that I don't know about.

thecombatwombat
Dec 30, 2005, 10:05 AM
Hold your power button down for 4 or 5 seconds, that will force your ibook to reboot.

dmetzcher
Dec 30, 2005, 10:08 AM
I can't. When I come to reboot, all applications quit, but the spinning wheel simply continues spinning. Unless there's another way to reboot that I don't know about.
Save all your open documents, quit all your applications, press and hold the power key on the iBook, and wait about five seconds (it might be three seconds...I don't know). The iBook will shut off ungracefully. Wait a few seconds, and press the power key again to power it back on. When you hear the startup chime, press and hold the mouse button (or trackpad button, if you don't have a mouse connected), and wait. This should eject your DVD for you.