Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHavequestions

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
In my account, I have my rules set so that my email at both the aliases me.com and icloud.com is set so that if it's addressed to either of those or CC'd, it forwards to my gmail. For some reason forwarding is not working when it's coming from gmail addresses (tested it with at least 4 of my own gmail addresses) but my work address that's not a gmail.com email forwards the email fine. They all do get to the icloud.com and me.com inbox fine, just not forwarding. Yes, I checked the spam box too...

Any thoughts or possible reasons why?
What's the solution?

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
In my account, I have my rules set so that my email at both the aliases me.com and icloud.com is set so that if it's addressed to either of those or CC'd, it forwards to my gmail. For some reason forwarding is not working when it's coming from gmail addresses (tested it with at least 4 of my own gmail addresses) but my work address that's not a gmail.com email forwards the email fine. They all do get to the icloud.com and me.com inbox fine, just not forwarding. Yes, I checked the spam box too...

Any thoughts or possible reasons why?
What's the solution?

R u trying to forward in each direction? iCloud to gmail and gmail to iCloud?

DonR9

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2014
email not forwarding

My apple email isn't forwarding either, it it's sent from my gmail account. Until I read your post about it not fowarding from your gmail account, I figured it was just a glitch. However, when I send email from my dot mac address to either my dot me or my dot iCloud addresses, the email forwards to my gmail account.

Go figure

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't trust iCloud. Others have stories of incoming mail being mysteriously filtered away. In my own tests, mail sent from my Office356 doesn't even reach my iCloud account.

However, mail sent from a Gmail account does reach iCloud mail and gets forwarded to a different Gmail account via a forwarding rule set up at the web interface just fine...unlike what you're experiencing. I have a feeling that it depends on the Gmail accounts somehow...an unknown factor.

DonR9

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2014
I don't trust iCloud. Others have stories of incoming mail being mysteriously filtered away. In my own tests, mail sent from my Office356 doesn't even reach my iCloud account.

However, mail sent from a Gmail account does reach iCloud mail and gets forwarded to a different Gmail account via a forwarding rule set up at the web interface just fine...unlike what you're experiencing. I have a feeling that it depends on the Gmail accounts somehow...an unknown factor.

Actually, I'm not a big fan of iCloud either. But I have a legacy dot mac account that I'm kind of proud of – shows people what a fan-boy I am. So, I set up forwarding to my gmail account. When I send something from that gmail account to my dot mac account, it doesn't get forwarded. If, however, I send something to the dot mac account from a different gmail account than the one to which iCloud forwards, it forwards.

So, so long as I don't send email to iCloud from the gmail account to which I want forwarding, it works. Like I said, go figure. Thanks for your input, though

DonR9

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2014
And, Oh By The Way

Just noticed you're in Baltimore. My home town: born and raised. Probably before your time. When I was a kid, the Orioles came to us from St Louis and Alan Ameche scored his first touchdown as a pro on a 80 yard draw play. A kid who lived two doors up the street from me grew up to marry Weeb Eubank's daughter. I moved away in the late 50's. I hear the town has changed since I left

iHavequestions

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
Actually, I'm not a big fan of iCloud either. But I have a legacy dot mac account that I'm kind of proud of – shows people what a fan-boy I am. So, I set up forwarding to my gmail account. When I send something from that gmail account to my dot mac account, it doesn't get forwarded. If, however, I send something to the dot mac account from a different gmail account than the one to which iCloud forwards, it forwards.

So, so long as I don't send email to iCloud from the gmail account to which I want forwarding, it works. Like I said, go figure. Thanks for your input, though

This hasn't changed, has it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.