Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leitmotif

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2011
Lately my AppleTV 3rd Gen has to be unplugged and plugged back in for it to work properly. For example, I usually watch TV using it as I go to sleep. I'll shut off my TV and go to sleep. I assume the AppleTV goes into sleep mode at some point later on.

In the morning if I turn on the AppleTV and my TV, the AppleTV does not load up. The light comes on but the screen stays blank so I have to disconnect the power and reconnect, it loads up and everything is fine again. This has only started happening recently and I'm trying to figure out the cause. Is this is Apple issue or something with the HDMI? I've googled a bit and didn't find any answers. I assume I'm not searching using the proper terms. Thanks for any insight you can offer.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I had that happen once, and it was the HDMI cable that was a little too short, was working its way out a little somehow. My TV also 'latches' to whatever input port has a signal, and yet sometimes it misses the :apple:TV for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.