Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roquefort

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
U.S. west coast
This is a minor issue but I haven't discovered the secret. I'm using Xcode 5.

When I select a view in a storyboard, the Size Inspector displays its list of constraints. For each constraint you see the type of constraint and the target, and sometimes you see the constant too.

Why only sometimes?

Attachments

• size-inspector-constants.png
    size-inspector-constants.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 164
  • size-inspector-no-constants.png
    size-inspector-no-constants.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 133

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
Because the tools for developing using auto-layout in Xcode are only half-baked. That's what I've concluded.

This is a minor issue but I haven't discovered the secret. I'm using Xcode 5.

When I select a view in a storyboard, the Size Inspector displays its list of constraints. For each constraint you see the type of constraint and the target, and sometimes you see the constant too.

Why only sometimes?

Roquefort

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
U.S. west coast
That's a perfectly plausible explanation, Duncan, especially since they've redesigned the constraint system.

Still, there's probably some deterministic way to make the constants display. I just can't figure out what it is. It's much more convenient to go over the constraints I've set when the constants are shown, rather than having to open each one individually or use up screen space by displaying the Document Outline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.