Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
So, I'm getting errors constantly on my Calendar. I've searched Apple support forums and here to find no answer of how to fix this. I've attached a screen shot, has anyone found a solution? This is driving me insane. I need my calendar always on my Mac because it is how I organize myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Calendar Error 403.png
    Calendar Error 403.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 400

Kyze

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2014
I'm having the exact same problem. I did a little research and it seems like this is happening to several others users too, with no known solution. The problem appears to be in iCloud servers, not in the devices. If you try to edit an event in iCloud.com you will get an error like this too, but you can send a report to Apple from there. Maybe that way they will look into it.

It's pretty annoying. At first I thought this was just a small failure in iCloud servers that will be solved in a while, but it's been about a week and the problem persists…

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I'm having the exact same problem. I did a little research and it seems like this is happening to several others users too, with no known solution. The problem appears to be in iCloud servers, not in the devices. If you try to edit an event in iCloud.com you will get an error like this too, but you can send a report to Apple from there. Maybe that way they will look into it.

It's pretty annoying. At first I thought this was just a small failure in iCloud servers that will be solved in a while, but it's been about a week and the problem persists…

I've always thought it was an issue on the iCloud servers. It seems like it is a permission issue and has only started after I reformatted my Mac. Though my Mac is an authorized device on my iCloud account.

Though no errors occur on my other devices (iPhone or iPad). The other devices still get the events I make on my Mac though.

I've reported the issue to Apple. It's really getting to me now as it is happening multiple times an hour now and it is getting in the way of my productivity. So, I've closed Calendars out and am using my iPhone to keep my schedule up and running at all times. :/

Kyze

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2014
I've always thought it was an issue on the iCloud servers. It seems like it is a permission issue and has only started after I reformatted my Mac. Though my Mac is an authorized device on my iCloud account.

Though no errors occur on my other devices (iPhone or iPad). The other devices still get the events I make on my Mac though.

I've reported the issue to Apple. It's really getting to me now as it is happening multiple times an hour now and it is getting in the way of my productivity. So, I've closed Calendars out and am using my iPhone to keep my schedule up and running at all times. :/

Mm, it's weird that it works on your other devices. I have this problem on my two Macs and on iCloud; and on my iPhone and my iPad there's no error message, but all the events that I modify get reverted to the way they were before this started happening.

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Mm, it's weird that it works on your other devices. I have this problem on my two Macs and on iCloud; and on my iPhone and my iPad there's no error message, but all the events that I modify get reverted to the way they were before this started happening.

So, the error has finally stopped. No idea why.

EricaV

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2008
Calendar - 400 and 403 error

Well I'll share my pain and ultimate solution if you are not lucky enough to have this problem resolve itself on it's own.

Apple was no help in figuring this out and I'm not sure if they have fixed anything by now. The errors for me were in trying to upload my calendars to the cloud. Although the error stated was a "permissions" issue. It seems more likely that if you have many years or lots of varied appts on your calendars it will see some appts. as "corrupted" and shut down the process- or send you in the never ending "try again" loop. This was freezing up my calendars making them totally non functional.

I'll spare you most of the painful week I spent looking for a fix but I was able to downsiz my calendars using "Busycal" (Apple has removed the obvious way to do this in their "upgrades") So I eliminated several years and then bypassed the bloody new Mavericks OS by uploading my active calendars directly to the cloud. "Busycal" is the program that literally saved my sanity and my business:

http://www.busymac.com/index.html

You can do all this with a free trial, but if they offer a full CalDav service I will purchase this program in a heartbeat. I resented being forced onto icloud in the first place.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.