PDA

View Full Version : I have a question but

Jannenator93
Dec 31, 2005, 02:14 PM
Is it normal for an iPod to freeze? Once I put my video iPod on lock and after that it just froze. It wouldn't get out of lock it just......froze. I took it to my brother and it started working normally again. Last night it did it again. I showed it to my brother and it wasn't turning on and the batteries were fully charged so he plugged it into a charger and then it started working normally again. Is that normal or should I take it to the Apple store?

neocell
Dec 31, 2005, 02:19 PM
Is it normal for an iPod to freeze? Once I put my video iPod on lock and after that it just froze. It wouldn't get out of lock it just......froze. I took it to my brother and it started working normally again. Last night it did it again. I showed it to my brother and it wasn't turning on and the batteries were fully charged so he plugged it into a charger and then it started working normally again. Is that normal or should I take it to the Apple store?
Mine was doing that all the time for the first 2 months that I had it. I wanted to send it back, but it was going to be a big ordeal as there was no place to sent it in Canada at the time (bought it online). After a new iPod Updater came out and I re-installed it it's been working much better and hasn't frozen once yet, though I've always been very skeptical of it. I would return it if I were you (and it's not a 6-8 week process like they were telling me it would be) but before doing that try reinstalling the iPod software with iPod Updater and see if that fixes it. Good luck

asherman13
Dec 31, 2005, 02:33 PM

it happens sometimes. best bet to reset it (and not lose everything!) is to flip the hold switch on (orange), then off (no orange) then press the center and menu buttons and hold them both for about 10sec, until you see a black background and a white apple symbol. that'll work if you don't have a charger handy. it couldn't hurt taking it to the apple store if you just bought it and there's one nearby; they can run some clever diagnostics and let you know if there's anything wrong; it shouldn't take too long. good luck!