PDA

View Full Version : Turn around on an iBook repare

wiggy4ever
Dec 31, 2005, 02:16 PM
How long is turn around usually for an ibook screen repair?
Thnx

super_kev
Jan 1, 2006, 09:28 AM
It took ours 3-4 days.

jaw04005
Jan 1, 2006, 10:01 AM
If the parts are in stock—it usually only takes 1-2 days and they ship it back to you overnight. If not, it can take up to 4+ days. What are you getting fixed? The logic board also?

wiggy4ever
Jan 1, 2006, 11:24 AM
no, just the screen. the lcd had those white spots that was common in powerbooks, so i sent it back to get a new lcdIf the parts are in stock—it usually only takes 1-2 days and they ship it back to you overnight. If not, it can take up to 4+ days. What are you getting fixed? The logic board also?

puckhead193
Jan 1, 2006, 11:25 AM
my powerbook took about 2 days to get back, very pleased.

super_kev
Jan 1, 2006, 11:30 AM
no, just the screen. the lcd had those white spots that was common in powerbooks, so i sent it back to get a new lcd

Yes, what's up with that? We just got our iBook screen replaced and it still has those white spots in the bottom corners... thinking about sending it in again but I'm not sure if it will help?

jane doe
Jan 1, 2006, 11:46 AM
Yes, what's up with that? We just got our iBook screen replaced and it still has those white spots in the bottom corners... thinking about sending it in again but I'm not sure if it will help?

Make sure that your not putting your powerbook/ibook in a bag with books or anything that presses against the screen. That will cause white spots.