Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Outlaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
Planning to buy my FIRST MAC for months, I chose to "wait it out" until today expecting to hear something about the imacs (17").

Not only is there no news (I was hoping for additions -ie. built-in Airport card, RAM increase, etc) - but now many of the incentives ($100 off printer, Microsoft Office and addtl RAM) have expired.

Does anyone have any advice...Hold out a bit longer for the next upgrades or just bite the bullet and start enjoying the 17' imac?
(I have heard there could be something coming late this month or Feb...)

Thanks!!!

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
There is plenty to enjoy right now in the 17" iMac, so if you need a computer and have the money then get it now, I bought my iMac right before the 17" was released so yeah I was a little jealous, but I still love my iMac as it is, it's a beautiful machine and runs great. Don't torture yourself.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Re: AAAARRRGGG....No imac news..

Originally posted by Outlaw
Planning to buy my FIRST MAC for months, I chose to "wait it out" until today expecting to hear something about the imacs (17").

Not only is there no news (I was hoping for additions -ie. built-in Airport card, RAM increase, etc) - but now many of the incentives ($100 off printer, Microsoft Office and addtl RAM) have expired.

Does anyone have any advice...Hold out a bit longer for the next upgrades or just bite the bullet and start enjoying the 17' imac?
(I have heard there could be something coming late this month or Feb...)

Thanks!!!

just get it...and still apple may up the imac, but they always do and judging by today, who knows what will happen

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Depends on if you need the computer. I was in the same boat that you're in and today I just said "screw it" and bought an eMac instead of an iMac. I'm quite happy with it so far.

ChicagoMac

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2002
Battle Creek, MI
If you watched the keynote today, you would have heard Steve Jobs say that the Microsoft office deal has been extended for a few more months (until April sometime I believe). So if that is the deal you were wanting then wait until the update happens at the end of the month. I was hoping for it today too, but now we have to wait a little longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.