PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Evo3 Case

john159
Jan 1, 2006, 10:44 AM
Alright, i just bought the new evo3 skin/case for my ipod 30 gb, i do like the skin becuase it does have very good protection of the whole ipod, but i just have one quick question.

Does any one have any useful tips on how to keep this thing from attracting so much lint and keeping it clean? I know that this has been a problem in the past, and i bought the skin knowing this, but does anyone have any tips on cleaning it? Thanks

clayj
Jan 1, 2006, 11:28 AM
I have one of these and LOVE it. The white one is not nearly as bad at showing lint as the darker ones...

That said, the best way to clean it is to wipe it down with a barely damp cloth... the silicone skin AND the hard faceplate. There's nothing you can really do to stop it from attracting lint, but I've found that my jacket pocket no longer has any lint in it, since the iSkin's removed it all on previous occasions.

There should be no need at all to remove the iPod from the Evo3 when you do this. In fact, my iPod has NEVER been touched by human hands and the only time it was out in the open was the 5 minutes between when I unboxed it and when I installed it into my Evo3.

john159
Jan 3, 2006, 05:34 PM
thanks... another question, do you take your ipod out of the case while charging it? thanks a lot

clayj
Jan 3, 2006, 06:35 PM
thanks... another question, do you take your ipod out of the case while charging it? thanks a lotNoooooooooo.

I don't take the iPod out of the case for ANYTHING.

john159
Jan 3, 2006, 06:36 PM
alright thanks man