Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.
I used to use Audiblehub for audio conversion.

I've not bothered installing it on my iMac...I assume it's pretty dead, as it has been for years. :(

I saw a mention of MAX here http://sbooth.org/Max/

IS that the best for audio conversions, (my need right now is flac to mp3).

A test shows it transfers meta data, which is one of my big wants.
It shows no updates since 09 though...

Edit: further testing shows poor conversion interface, having to go into Program preferences to change the format to convert to, a big red "Output directory not specifieced" banner when it's set to use the source folder...

Last edited:
Reactions: docauonline

whivictter

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2014
I really don’t know how it is done, but a program has that feature of convert FLAC to MP3 for both Mac and Windows users, and I didn’t have any problem using that function.

It also helps you convert FLAC to WAV, AAC, AC3, WMA, DTS, AIFF, AU, etc.

mantaecuador

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2015
Lovely, works great!

Thanks so much. I'm still a relative newbie on this kind of stuff so found some older albums but only in flac. But needed to convert and this program works great. Thanks!:)

victor.espina

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2015
I've been using Macroplant's Adapter for more than 2 years and I recommend it all the way. Its UI its simple and useful, and its very VERY fast. Its handles almost any kind of audio & video files. I still use Handbrake for large files conversions, but use Adapter for anything else.

Just right now I needed to convert 16 CDs in FLAC format to MP3: just opened Adapter, drop the 16 folders into it, select MP3 audio format and pressed CONVERT. That easy...

https://www.macroplant.com/adapter/

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
I know this is a resurrected thread (more than a year old). But I don't see anyone recommending xACT (x audio compression Toolkit) by Scott Brown. I've been using it for FLAC to MP3 conversion for over 6 years now. It is wonderful.

Reactions: satcomer

VideoBeagle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
App Q&A testing by request.
Just a koda as the Tread Starter, I wound up settling with XLD and MediaHuman Audio Coverter, depending on the source files.. Have had no problems with them (other than remembering..which do i like better? :D )

Joseph1989

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2015
LA
I have no idea about the application you said, but i will try to use it. Currently i'm using the AudioConverter, support the flac format.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.