Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scorpio333

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
I'm looking at ditching google and their one password shenanigans. I've setup my iCloud email and started using it a bit. One thing I'm looking for: a notifier similar to gmail notifier extension for Safari. I've searched around and it seems like nothing exists. Anyone know of one???

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I'm looking at ditching google and their one password shenanigans. I've setup my iCloud email and started using it a bit. One thing I'm looking for: a notifier similar to gmail notifier extension for Safari. I've searched around and it seems like nothing exists. Anyone know of one???

Would Mountain Lion or Mavericks built in Notifications feature do what you want. It can be configured to popup each time you get an email.

1xn5mPW.png

scorpio333

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Would Mountain Lion or Mavericks built in Notifications feature do what you want. It can be configured to popup each time you get an email.

I'm not a fan of Notifications. I did try it, but I can't take all the other nonsense that pops up, in particular OS X Updates every 10 minutes with no control to dismiss. I option click Notifications every day to hide it and on my other machine it's permanently disabled.

Maybe the free Mail Menu?

I'm still on 10.8.5 so that one won't work…however, it led me to Mail Unread Menu which looks like a winner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.