Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lolvalstein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
austin,tx
I bought a 15" powerbook two months ago. First, the battery died. Then really odd things started.Sometimes when I used limewire, my computer kicks itself off line and I can not scroll as fast. I have to restart my computer. i tunes will get stuck on a note, making a echo like skipping sound, then it just stops. I reinstall OS X. I ran the hardware test. I haven't reinstall limewire, and I have a new battery. Yet all of the problems perist. Over all things just don't run as smoothly as on my 12" powerbook. What can I do?

TLRedhawke

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2004
Well, if a reinstall of the OS has no effect, then it would usually imply a hardware issue, and that's where the Hardware Test comes in. If it returns no errors, then that may not quite be the case. Try to isolate the issue a bit more carefully. Pay attention to everything that you're doing when the PowerBook goes nuts on you. There's often a little thing in the background that one tends not to notice which causes such issues.

brepublican

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2005
NY
Or you might just be the recepient of a bad machine. Which, though it is rare, isn't unheard of...:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.