PDA

View Full Version : Changing developer name?

acctman
Feb 1, 2014, 09:03 PM
I have a developer account under my personal name and with renewal coming up I would like to change my account to my business name. My question is do I have to register a new Apple ID account or can I change my developer account type during renewal?

firewood
Feb 3, 2014, 03:57 PM
Note that Apple may require you to have an incorporated corporation (C corp, LLC or equivalent) with a D&B number in order to either change the name to a business name, or to enroll a new entity as a company in the iOS developer program.

Kryckter
Feb 25, 2014, 08:54 PM
Im pretty sure they won't let you just change your business name on an individual account. You will probably need an LLC at least... At least years ago I believe thats how it was.

MisawaSoftware
Mar 7, 2014, 09:23 PM
Firewood is correct, I had to go through that process when changing from an individual account to a business. (At least for the US) You have to be incorporated , have a D&B number and an IRS tax number. I think I may of needed a business bank account at some point in that process as well. Either way, you should have a business bank account if you plan on running a business.