Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
so i was on the itunes store (UK) and i did this-

1 from main page click on Music Videos
2 Click on Movie Trailers
3 Click on TV Shows

now i can not remember TV Shows being anywhere on the UK Store ? even though the search comes up as nothing it still shows there is a link there on the UK pages

maybe Apple is getting ready to roll out TV Shows to the UK ?

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 91
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 75
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 63

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
I can't think of any UK company that would want to release it's shows on iTunes.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
starnox said:
I can't think of any UK company that would want to release it's shows on iTunes.

The BBC.

Don't forget that the BBC was where the launch event was held for the 5th Gen iPod in October and it would provide a handy income stream for them without contravening their charter.

Where ABC is, the BBC often follows...

tagy

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2003
UK
possibly, but the launch event wasn't held at the BBC, just shown there. Plus I already pay a licence fee to the BBC, paying for there shows again would seem weird.

ph0rce

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
i heard somewher that the BBC were going to provide TV shows off there channels for free. an interface using the licence number etc. where the use verifies themslef, and then the shows are free.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
tagy said:
possibly, but the launch event wasn't held at the BBC, just shown there. Plus I already pay a licence fee to the BBC, paying for there shows again would seem weird.
but you do not get the TV shows you want to watch again on BBC1 when you want it though do you?

Say you want to watch Blackadder again ? what would you do wait until the Beeb show it or go out and buy it on DVD.

or download it right now on iTunes and giggle away at it

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
ph0rce said:
i heard somewher that the BBC were going to provide TV shows off there channels for free. an interface using the licence number etc. where the use verifies themslef, and then the shows are free.

I think the BBC were planning on doing free downloads on programs that were shown during the last 7 days only.

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
I'll be surprised if we see any content in the UK and Europe in the first half of this year. Apple seems intent on only providing satisfaction to its USA customers in this area. So in the meantime, people in the UK will have to keep illegally ripping their movies and encoding them for iPod.

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Blue Velvet said:
The BBC.

Don't forget that the BBC was where the launch event was held for the 5th Gen iPod in October and it would provide a handy income stream for them without contravening their charter.

Where ABC is, the BBC often follows...

BBC said they would do their own separate distribution system, not with iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.