PDA

View Full Version : help: iPod Nano volume is low and battery draining

Cinch
Jan 2, 2006, 10:58 AM
Here is the situation: I own a Nano (4GB) that is less than a month old. Recently I use a FM transmitter (powered by the car), and I can't remember the brand offhand.

When I play it through the radio, you can't control the volume from the Nano, but you do it with the radio (fair enough, no big deal, right).

The problem is that the volume is so low now through the earbud even when i have the volume all the way up. The other problem that i notice this morning is that the battery was very low. I make sure to put it on pause before I went to bed. It was in a warm place.

I tried a complete reset through the iPod Updater, but the volume problem remains.

I tried Apple tech support, but it was "too busy" so they ended the call before I could talk to someone.

Can you help?

Cinch

chopsuey158
Jan 2, 2006, 01:39 PM
If you have a nearby apple store, take it there. First you might want to try different headphones just in case it's the earbuds that are acting up.

Cinch
Jan 2, 2006, 03:08 PM
If you have a nearby apple store, take it there. First you might want to try different headphones just in case it's the earbuds that are acting up.

I tried a Sony earphone, and the same. Be that as it may, I contact tech support and we conclude that it is best to send it back to them for service. I'm still under warranty and it should not cause me anything.

I can see why now one here have any suggest. It was difficult even for the tech guys at Apple when we tried a much of things.

Thanks,
Cinch