Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordanxu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2014
Hi,
I have problems with atv playing from IPAD.
Once i use youtube app and play on tv, it stops playing after 2 or 3 minutes. It just jumps into menu screen.
The same happens if i play youtube video in the browser (either chrome or safari) it jumps out to menu screen randomly after 3-5 minutes.
I have checked my network speed and connection, they are all fine and very fast.

Can I ask if how to solve this annoying problem?

Akaba

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2012
Hi,
I have problems with atv playing from IPAD.
Once i use youtube app and play on tv, it stops playing after 2 or 3 minutes. It just jumps into menu screen.
The same happens if i play youtube video in the browser (either chrome or safari) it jumps out to menu screen randomly after 3-5 minutes.
I have checked my network speed and connection, they are all fine and very fast.

Can I ask if how to solve this annoying problem?

This is not really a reply to your question, but why don't you go on youtube straight from the Apple TV? I was able to watch a classical concert lasting more than two hours without any issue.

lexvo

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2009
The Netherlands
I think you mean that the Apple TV jumps back to it's menu, right?

In that case, you can try to downgrade the firmware to 5.3. For me, this solved a lot of Airplay problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.