Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 7, 2013
I need to replace the front screen of an ipod touch 5 gen., but i cannot find parts on ifixtit. Does anyone have any other recommendations on where i can get one? Thank you.

DustinZ35

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2012
You can probably find one on eBay but replacing the screen is very Involved and requires disassembling most of the internal components, which are EXTREMELY delicate. You can swap it for a factory refurbished unit at Apple for around $200.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Understand that all chances of Apple even looking at after a swap out if obvious are nothing. I would recommend consulting a Genius Bar where a brand new iPod will replace it for an OOW cost.

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 7, 2013
You can probably find one on eBay but replacing the screen is very Involved and requires disassembling most of the internal components, which are EXTREMELY delicate. You can swap it for a factory refurbished unit at Apple for around $200.

Understand that all chances of Apple even looking at after a swap out if obvious are nothing. I would recommend consulting a Genius Bar where a brand new iPod will replace it for an OOW cost.

thank you, i will go see a local apple store about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.