PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Fuji E900?

potatoarms
Jan 2, 2006, 02:23 PM
I do and I just wanted to say that I am really chuffed with it.

It is the first camera where I could control aperture and shutter, great for night shots and with 9mp - fantastic detail :)

Thanks
Potatoarms

Blue Velvet
Jan 2, 2006, 02:36 PM
Is this the camera that you're using at the mo for your weather photography? There's some nice shots on your homepage. :)

potatoarms
Jan 2, 2006, 02:38 PM
Is this the camera that you're using at the mo for your weather photography? There's some nice shots on your homepage. :)

Yes it is :) - it's a shame I can't share them in full detail though as each jpeg is 4.5MB :eek:.
It has 640x480 30 fps video recording too which is great.

Thanks for looking at my site :)

cr2sh
Jan 2, 2006, 06:56 PM
I saw this camera today in the store... I picked it up and was interested in it.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/digitalcamera/images/overviewphotos/S9000_rear_lg.jpg

Interesting design. Looks like a DSLR, but its not...?

I continued on to look at the D50. :)

hcuar
Jan 2, 2006, 07:14 PM
I saw this camera today in the store... I picked it up and was interested in it.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/digitalcamera/images/overviewphotos/S9000_rear_lg.jpg

Interesting design. Looks like a DSLR, but its not...?

I continued on to look at the D50. :)

I have this camera! It's the Fujifilm S9000. It's an amazing camera. It's hard to take a bad shot. My wife has even turned out some great shots. She used to not take many shots with our Canon S1 IS.

cr2sh
Jan 2, 2006, 07:28 PM
Ahh.. my error. I hijacked the thread by confusing the cameras.

An E900... not an S9000... Ah! I'm a freakin idiot!

:eek: :confused: ;)

Here's the real E900!

http://whatdigitalcamera.com/imageBank/cache/f/Fuji-E900-front_e_fb9cb060dc84ed645aee978b525948aa.gif

Whew! Back on topic!

potatoarms
Jan 3, 2006, 05:23 PM
Ahh.. my error. I hijacked the thread by confusing the cameras.

An E900... not an S9000... Ah! I'm a freakin idiot!

:eek: :confused: ;)

Here's the real E900!

http://whatdigitalcamera.com/imageBank/cache/f/Fuji-E900-front_e_fb9cb060dc84ed645aee978b525948aa.gif

Whew! Back on topic!

Hehe, no worries :)

xtqqtxxx
Aug 17, 2006, 07:26 PM
hate to revive an old thread, but does anyone have a more recent review of this camera(e900)

Clix Pix
Aug 17, 2006, 08:26 PM
I've got the Fujifilm E900 and I like it very much. It travels with me everywhere in my purse and I very much like being able to exert more control over it than a usual P&S. I've gotten some nice images from it -- my entry in last month's "assignment" thread (Yellow) was shot with it -- and I like the way it handles and the results I get from it.

xtqqtxxx
Aug 19, 2006, 08:05 PM
I've got the Fujifilm E900 and I like it very much. It travels with me everywhere in my purse and I very much like being able to exert more control over it than a usual P&S. I've gotten some nice images from it -- my entry in last month's "assignment" thread (Yellow) was shot with it -- and I like the way it handles and the results I get from it.

that is a good picture (the "yellow" one)
i've heard some people experience a lot of purple fringing, is this true?
any complaints about this camera?
would you recommend the M card or the H card?

Clix Pix
Aug 19, 2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the compliment! I haven't really noticed any purple fringing/chromatic aberration and I don't have any major complaints about this camera. As for the cards, I've got both the "H" and the "M" and don't really notice that much of a difference, to be honest. Both seem to be speedy enough.... Now this is not my only camera and it is not the camera I use for "serious" photography -- it's the one which lives in my purse and which I pull out at those times when I see an interesting scene or when I see something I want to shoot for an assignment here to to share on the internet but don't happen to have my D200 with me.

I'd say that yes, it's a very nice camera.

KingYaba
Aug 19, 2006, 09:40 PM
I have an e510 and after two years it's screwing up. Could be user error but the camera shuts off randomly.

xtqqtxxx
Aug 20, 2006, 07:47 PM
how's the e900 for taking video?

Clix Pix
Aug 20, 2006, 08:06 PM
how's the e900 for taking video?

No idea. I didn't buy it to be a video camera. If I'd wanted a video camera I would research those and buy one of them..... I bought the e900 for use strictly as a camera for making still digital images.

xtqqtxxx
Aug 20, 2006, 08:18 PM
have u taken any RAW pics?

Clix Pix
Aug 20, 2006, 08:52 PM
have u taken any RAW pics?

Not with the e900, no..... I keep it in aperture priority, fine quality jpeg..... I know that Aperture now supports the RAW files of this camera, which it didn't when I first got it and was first using it, but haven't experimented with that yet. I DO, however, shoot my D200 in NEF (RAW).