Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

potatoarms

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Bucks, UK
I do and I just wanted to say that I am really chuffed with it.

It is the first camera where I could control aperture and shutter, great for night shots and with 9mp - fantastic detail :)

Thanks
Potatoarms

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Is this the camera that you're using at the mo for your weather photography? There's some nice shots on your homepage. :)

potatoarms

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Bucks, UK
Blue Velvet said:
Is this the camera that you're using at the mo for your weather photography? There's some nice shots on your homepage. :)

Yes it is :) - it's a shame I can't share them in full detail though as each jpeg is 4.5MB :eek:.
It has 640x480 30 fps video recording too which is great.

Thanks for looking at my site :)

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
I saw this camera today in the store... I picked it up and was interested in it.

S9000_rear_lg.jpg

Interesting design. Looks like a DSLR, but its not...?

I continued on to look at the D50. :)

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
cr2sh said:
I saw this camera today in the store... I picked it up and was interested in it.

S9000_rear_lg.jpg

Interesting design. Looks like a DSLR, but its not...?

I continued on to look at the D50. :)

I have this camera! It's the Fujifilm S9000. It's an amazing camera. It's hard to take a bad shot. My wife has even turned out some great shots. She used to not take many shots with our Canon S1 IS.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Ahh.. my error. I hijacked the thread by confusing the cameras.

An E900... not an S9000... Ah! I'm a freakin idiot!

:eek: :confused: ;)

Here's the real E900!

Fuji-E900-front_e_fb9cb060dc84ed645aee978b525948aa.gif

Whew! Back on topic!

potatoarms

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Bucks, UK
cr2sh said:
Ahh.. my error. I hijacked the thread by confusing the cameras.

An E900... not an S9000... Ah! I'm a freakin idiot!

:eek: :confused: ;)

Here's the real E900!

Fuji-E900-front_e_fb9cb060dc84ed645aee978b525948aa.gif

Whew! Back on topic!

Hehe, no worries :)

xtqqtxxx

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
hate to revive an old thread, but does anyone have a more recent review of this camera(e900)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I've got the Fujifilm E900 and I like it very much. It travels with me everywhere in my purse and I very much like being able to exert more control over it than a usual P&S. I've gotten some nice images from it -- my entry in last month's "assignment" thread (Yellow) was shot with it -- and I like the way it handles and the results I get from it.

xtqqtxxx

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006
Clix Pix said:
I've got the Fujifilm E900 and I like it very much. It travels with me everywhere in my purse and I very much like being able to exert more control over it than a usual P&S. I've gotten some nice images from it -- my entry in last month's "assignment" thread (Yellow) was shot with it -- and I like the way it handles and the results I get from it.

that is a good picture (the "yellow" one)
i've heard some people experience a lot of purple fringing, is this true?
any complaints about this camera?
would you recommend the M card or the H card?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Thanks for the compliment! I haven't really noticed any purple fringing/chromatic aberration and I don't have any major complaints about this camera. As for the cards, I've got both the "H" and the "M" and don't really notice that much of a difference, to be honest. Both seem to be speedy enough.... Now this is not my only camera and it is not the camera I use for "serious" photography -- it's the one which lives in my purse and which I pull out at those times when I see an interesting scene or when I see something I want to shoot for an assignment here to to share on the internet but don't happen to have my D200 with me.

I'd say that yes, it's a very nice camera.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
xtqqtxxx said:
have u taken any RAW pics?

Not with the e900, no..... I keep it in aperture priority, fine quality jpeg..... I know that Aperture now supports the RAW files of this camera, which it didn't when I first got it and was first using it, but haven't experimented with that yet. I DO, however, shoot my D200 in NEF (RAW).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.