PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a new powerbook!

CompUser
Jan 2, 2006, 02:42 PM
After calling apple over 9 times, seeing the DHL man at my house 9 times (we're now on a first name basis), and after going to the genious, my computer is fineally being replaced. I have talked to AppleCare representatvies, Product Specailists, a genious, and the engineering dept looked at my computer and they couldn't figure out why my computer wouldn't sleep. After 4 tries being shipped in, and one stop at the genious I am getting a new 12" Powerbook, the same specs as a currently have.

I had the choice of
a. Sending my computer in again
b. Going to a genious
c. getting a new pb (new box, new warranty, new battery, new everything, and tiger)

It was such a hard decision (sarcasm), but I had to go with choice "c".

Man, when i get my new pBook, I'll wrap it up along with my camera that I ordered and have a fake party for myslef LOL (JK).

So this horror with apple is fineally over!
----

I just realized in typing this thread that since I am getting a totally new computer, doesn't that make me eligible for a free printer?

mad jew
Jan 2, 2006, 02:47 PM
I just realized in typing this thread that since I am getting a totally new computer, doesn't that make me eligible for a free printer?

I think that's probably pushing it.

I'm glad it all seems to have worked out in the end. :)

BENJMNS
Jan 2, 2006, 02:52 PM
After calling apple over 9 times, seeing the DHL man at my house 9 times (we're now on a first name basis), and after going to the genious, my computer is fineally being replaced. I have talked to AppleCare representatvies, Product Specailists, a genious, and the engineering dept looked at my computer and they couldn't figure out why my computer wouldn't sleep. After 4 tries being shipped in, and one stop at the genious I am getting a new 12" Powerbook, the same specs as a currently have.

I had the choice of
a. Sending my computer in again
b. Going to a genious
c. getting a new pb (new box, new warranty, new battery, new everything, and tiger)

It was such a hard decision (sarcasm), but I had to go with choice "c".

Man, when i get my new pBook, I'll wrap it up along with my camera that I ordered and have a fake party for myslef LOL (JK).

So this horror with apple is fineally over!
----

in the end you still lose with all the wasted time and energy you spent on this ... stress.

glad to hear things are looking for the better. wishing you better luck this time around,

doucy2
Jan 2, 2006, 02:57 PM
yea man
nice
hopefully this one will sleep :)
good luck with it :)