PDA

View Full Version : ibook problem

gt28r
Jan 2, 2006, 07:16 PM
hello. i have had my ibook for two months now. there is a problem with the display today. there is a vertical line in the middle of the display. the vertical line is red behind a black background. this may or may not be related but there was a pop up message after the new year saying to adjust the date because the date is not within the given parameters. both occured at the same time. what is the problem? what is the solution? thank you.

mpw
Jan 2, 2006, 07:19 PM
hello. i have had my ibook for two months now. there is a problem with the display today. there is a vertical line in the middle of the display. the vertical line is red behind a black background. this may or may not be related but there was a pop up message after the new year saying to adjust the date because the date is not within the given parameters. both occured at the same time. what is the problem? what is the solution? thank you.
Wierd my sister (G4 4months old)had a display problem and a date message in the last few days too and my (G3 4years old) iBook had a display problem tonight. My sisters has seemingly gone away(?) but mine looks terminal.

840quadra
Jan 2, 2006, 07:28 PM
It could possibly be something strange going on with your display settings, however built in safeguards should prevent this. Have you attempted to change resolutions to see if it goes away (Change from 1024x768 to 800x600 or the other way around) ?

You should also attempt to zap the Parameter RAM or reset the NVRAM during a reboot to see if the issue goes away. If not, you may have either a display or logic board issue :( .

Guide on Resetting_NVRAM (http://guides.macrumors.com/Resetting_NVRAM)

Command+Option+P+R Zaps Parameter RAM (Note: Make sure to push this key combination directly after the startup chime, and hold the keys until you hear the startup chime again.)

macEfan
Jan 2, 2006, 09:09 PM
did you bump the ibook into something? Could be a display cable problem....

gt28r
Jan 3, 2006, 12:39 AM
changing resolutions did not work and resetting pram did not work. the ibook is two months new and i have not moved it around.

Marky_Mark
Jan 3, 2006, 05:01 PM
Time for a visit to the applestore, clutching your receipt in your hand...