Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airomero83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Seems like a cool app on the Apple TV but hate local blackout restrictions. Does anyone have the broadband version of this package and are they able to airplay to their Apple TVs when viewing game in Safari? Trying to see if this approach would work leveraging a combination of VPN and Safari Airplay to my big-screen TV.

westrock2000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
Just be aware, I was looking into the MLB.tv, and they are starting to use the billing address of the Apple iTunes account so as to counteract people using VPN's.

So I am not saying that NBA is or will be doing this, but I'm saying that the possibility is out there.

airomero83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Hopefully that doesn't apply to the iOS app and just the MLB TV app. I used to do something similar for MLB where I had a jailbroken iPad and spoofed location to see local games. I will try this VPN alternative for Gametime and hopefully works for upcoming MLB season as well. Is there a particular one you use for this to work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.