PDA

View Full Version : Google to do a lot of stuff

thejadedmonkey
Jan 2, 2006, 10:56 PM
Saw this over on digg.com, and I was just wondering what your reaction to it was...specifically how it will impact apple's TV store, and it's rumored interest with movies. I'm not sure this is the right forum, but...

Google will unveil its own low-price personal computer or other device that connects to the Internet.
Bear Stearns analysts speculated in a research report last month that consumers would soon see something called "Google Cubes" a small hardware box that could allow users to move songs, videos and other digital files between their computers and TV sets.And that's not the only Google theory out there. Content producers wonder whether Google's push into video search will unravel the economics that make Hollywood hum. If viewers can find and legally download an episode of "Seinfeld" through Google, will that cut into cable and network television's profits

Here's the whole article.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-predict1jan01,0,3503327.story

chopsuey158
Jan 2, 2006, 11:31 PM
I'm surprised at how much google has expanded over the years. This is especially shocking, I never thought they'd get into hardware, but I guess we'll see if it actually works out for them.

Deepdale
Jan 3, 2006, 01:13 AM
I'm surprised at how much google has expanded over the years.

During a recent interview with Charlie Rose, WSJ columnist Walter Mossberg spoke about Google's phenomenal growth and said the biggest challenges facing that company are how it responds to legitimate privacy concerns raised by users and lawmakers, plus whether they become seriously overextended by delving into too many new areas in 2006 and beyond.

iMeowbot
Jan 3, 2006, 01:20 AM
Google have been selling search servers for a few years now. More hardware of some sort wouldn't be much of a surprise.

john159
Jan 3, 2006, 09:19 AM
If you dont know it by now, Google is taking over the world:D