Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ivanwhite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Mac Pro 5,1 (10,8 – 10,9)
The "reboot in OS X" Bootcamp function has suddenly stopped . This is a vital function for me, because I cannot reboot my Mac using "Option" button (I'm using for a long time already GTX 670 graphics, due to which the menu is not displayed even when the screen is off, same as it was with Radeon 5870) .
I've installed the old EFI graphics (GTX285) to fix this problem, but I tried everything and in a result I took 2 CLEAN HDDs and installed Mac OS then Windows 7 and then few times more with different versions of Mac OS, different versions of Bootcamp utility (blaming 5th version). Doesn't helps. Pressing "Reboot in Mac OS"- Mac again reboots in Windows OS. According to existing conditions the only possible way to reboot in Mac OS is by resetting PRAM. And so is till the moment I need Windows. SMC resets also. I even replaced battery today, because the problem is most likely in hardware field. So where is the bug? Guess it can only hide in PRAM? PRAM reset silves the problem only once.
I equally need Mac OS and Windows, I want everything as was before.. HELP!
P.S. I was thinking probably Windows has installed some insidious update, but I've installed the system
from original DVD-10.6.3, and from old fvd Windows 7 using an ild Biotcamp utility-version 3. But still, the problem had not disappeared.:(((

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Just change the startup disk to Mac after you click that diamond boot camp assistant icon in the windows task bar area

ivanwhite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Just change the startup disk to Mac after you click that diamond boot camp assistant icon in the windows task bar area

Thanks, but I tried it in the beginning. A few years everything was normal and no reason has stopped working

xcodeSyn

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
Thanks, but I tried it in the beginning. A few years everything was normal and no reason has stopped working
To make you feel better, the option to "restart in OS X" never worked for me under Boot Camp in my 2009 MP flashed to 5,1 and that's why I always used a video card with EFI. However there are still other ways to make it work without an EFI video card. The easiest is to set the default to your OS X partition in the Startup Disk option in System Preferences. Then download and install Bootchamp from here. So you'll always boot into the OS X partition and then launch Windows using the Bootchamp menu in OS X, and this won't change your default setting in the Startup Disk.

ivanwhite

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2014
Thank you very much!

Problems solved! Thank you very much! Bad that I never understood why stopped working as before, but now I can continue to use Windows

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.