Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RickRack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
Ever since I got Mavericks my email alerts in Calendar are not working. I have tried signing up to iCloud and getting an iCloud email account. I have created a contact card and linked it to email.

I read on the Apple Support forum that this is a known problem and Apple as usual is stonewalling the issue.

So... is there a calendar program that works in Mavericks and sends email alerts? Any other suggestions?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Ever since I got Mavericks my email alerts in Calendar are not working. I have tried signing up to iCloud and getting an iCloud email account. I have created a contact card and linked it to email.

I read on the Apple Support forum that this is a known problem and Apple as usual is stonewalling the issue.

So... is there a calendar program that works in Mavericks and sends email alerts? Any other suggestions?

I use gmail and goggle calendar sends me alerts and reminders, it also works with mail.app

RickRack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 31, 2013
Thanks.

I did not know about Goggle calendar. Maybe I should just use that. Is that the only external calendar I could use? Any standalone calendar program that sends email alerts in Mavericks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.