Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sarahvee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
I have an iPad air and I cannot get it to connect to my vpn. I keep getting the error message "a connection to the ppp server cannot be established". From forums I have tried changing my DNS, resetting my network and deleting and reconfiguring the vpn. None of which worked. I am using my home router/wifi and do not have 3G enabled on my iPad. I haven't put any firewalls in place but I don't know if my ISP (through starhub) does. This vpn has worked for a short time off this current router I'm trying to use, but nine out of ten times I am getting the same error message. Help would be appreciated.

JOSE891

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2012
Las Vegas
I have an iPad air and I cannot get it to connect to my vpn. I keep getting the error message "a connection to the ppp server cannot be established". From forums I have tried changing my DNS, resetting my network and deleting and reconfiguring the vpn. None of which worked. I am using my home router/wifi and do not have 3G enabled on my iPad. I haven't put any firewalls in place but I don't know if my ISP (through starhub) does. This vpn has worked for a short time off this current router I'm trying to use, but nine out of ten times I am getting the same error message. Help would be appreciated.

Might be your ISP blocking it. Try connecting to your VPN at a friends house with wifi or a cafe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.