Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
I just found this link on Digg's back page, while it doesn't say anything directly about becoming part of the iPod, it sure as hell leads to some interesting speculation.

SAN FRANCISCO — Claiming an industry first, low-power codec IC startup Mobilygen Inc. said Thursday (Dec. 29) that its MG1264 chip supports real-time, high-quality H.264/ACC video capture compatible with Apple Computer's video iPod.

http://www.embedded.com/showArticle...IZPBBUQSNDBECKH0CJUMEKJVN?articleID=175800545

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Real-time H.264 encoding, now THAT would be awesome. Now if we can only have that chip inside our PowerMac G5s.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

goodwill

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2004
Dallas
this would be sweet. i know how much i use my camcorder on my palm phone. now if i could record video on the ipod. it would make so much sense rather than just having movies you buy to playback.

let the paris hilton video ipod scandal start..................

NOW!

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
I was after a method of getting real-time video line in to an iPod, and the iSee 360i looks interesting. The problem is that it's almost the same price as an iPod ANYWAY...

What I'd like to know is whether Apple or any third parties are going down that road anytime soon, or whether a patch is available for the new Video iPods...

I work as a cameraman, and would like the option of having a nice little portable colour monitor for multicamera shoots, so I can match colour balances for different cameras on the fly (without having to lug around lots of kit - just a little gadget would be grand!).

If Apple were worried about video/DVD piracy, then just a video signal without audio would be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.