Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
How nice would it be to be able to set profiles based on time and location such as...

When at work set ringer to vibrate
When at work sort wifi off

When at home during the day set ringer to sound
When at home in evening set ringer and SMS to mute (for people with infants for example)

When at work play sound for work emails, and when away from work play sound for non work emails only...

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
How nice would it be to be able to set profiles based on time and location such as...

When at home in evening set ringer and SMS to mute (for people with infants for example)

When at work play sound for work emails, and when away from work play sound for non work emails only...

Yes but Apple likes to protect you from happiness overload. They feed it to you slowly.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Things of that nature would be great, along with LED for notifications, or even more basic things like quick reply, along with quite a few other things that haven't really been implemented in iOS/iPhone.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

There is a tweak called Activator available from the Jailbreak community that lets you do just that.

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
I purchased a kickstarter project called MyLED as it was advertised it will light up for all kinds of notifications.

Once I got it turns out it was only for a phone call or SMS or something like that and they widtheld the info that if the myLED is plugged in and on (you turn on and off by twisting) that then you will not hear the phone ring...

Basically useless.

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
There is a tweak called Activator available from the Jailbreak community that lets you do just that.

I stopped reading at 'Jailbreak' (luckily for me, my silly bias still let me get the gist). I'll wait for Apple to rip it off and implement it properly :)

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I stopped reading at 'Jailbreak' (luckily for me, my silly bias still let me get the gist). I'll wait for Apple to rip it off and implement it properly :)

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Apple is not a big fan of giving users choices and options because it "confuses" the user. :p

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany

Just jailbreak and install SBProfiles...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.