Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AKindChap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
Hello,

Most of my phones storage is being used by music that I barely listen to any more, but for some reason they thought it'd be a good idea to make you delete songs one by one... is there a way to delete albums or whole artists without using iTunes?

I rebooted my computer recently and haven't yet put all my music back on, iTunes always seems to mess up my phone in some way anyway, so I'm hoping there's a way to do it from the phone... I'm using iOS 7.0.3, and my phone is jailbroke, so cydia apps would be okay.

Thanks!

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hello,

Most of my phones storage is being used by music that I barely listen to any more, but for some reason they thought it'd be a good idea to make you delete songs one by one... is there a way to delete albums or whole artists without using iTunes?

I rebooted my computer recently and haven't yet put all my music back on, iTunes always seems to mess up my phone in some way anyway, so I'm hoping there's a way to do it from the phone... I'm using iOS 7.0.3, and my phone is jailbroke, so cydia apps would be okay.

Thanks!

If I remember correctly when you "delete" a song from your iPhone it just removes the song from the list but does NOT delete the mp3 file itself until you sync with a PC/Mac.

Someone chime in on this

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
If I remember correctly when you "delete" a song from your iPhone it just removes the song from the list but does NOT delete the mp3 file itself until you sync with a PC/Mac.

Someone chime in on this

I've noticed that if you delete a song straight from your device, it gets synced back when you connect to your computer, same with movies. It doesn't actually delete unless you delete the song(s) or movie(s) when it's connected to a computer then hit sync.

When you delete from the device it still frees up space though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.