PDA

View Full Version : ipod 5G questions

taylorpc
Jan 3, 2006, 06:27 PM
I just bought a 5G 30 gig ipod about a week ago. It's been great, but I'm wondering if something is wrong with it, or if these issues are just weird quirks.
1: Even though I fully charge my ipod (through the USB 2.0 on my ibook, if that makes any difference), the battery indicator seems to moving very quickly. I've only listened to it MAYBE three hours from a full charge, and it's already showing down to the very last red bit.

2: It reset itself randomly while trying to go to the next song in a playlist... does it do this occasionally?

3: Today when I got home from work, I went to turn on my ipod and I had to press buttons repeatedly before it came to life (first displaying the silver apple on the black screen, and then coming to turning on). Is this normal?

Any help would be appreciated!

john159
Jan 3, 2006, 06:33 PM
1. The iPod 5G has had some battery issues... most of the time it works if you run your iPod until the whole battery has been drained, and then recharge it, it should reclabirate the dial which should fix your problem. And also right after you watch a video on the iPod give the battery a minute to readjust itself becuase the gauge has to reset itself from the video mode

2. Not really sure what you mean here... doesnt seem to be like a problem that i have had

3. After 14 hours, the iPod goes into a deep sleep, and to turn it back on this apple logo appears. It happens to me to... and about pushing the button a few times, turning the iPod off has a been a reported problem, but I havnt heard anything about turning it on, maybe it was just a one time thing.

chopsuey158
Jan 3, 2006, 07:07 PM
1: Same as the guy above. If you were watching a video for three hours, then the meter is right. I think you can take it to an apple store and have them run diagnostics on it if there is one nearby and if you still have problems.

2: This is probably just a random crash. It doesn't happen often to me, if it keeps happening try reseting your iPod or doing a fresh install and wiping all the data off.

3: Same as the guy above said again.

Good luck with it, hope it treats you well. Mine sure has.

taylorpc
Jan 4, 2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks folks! All of your information is helpful. I'll try re-calibrating my battery to see if it fixes the indicator problem, and if need be I can take it to the apple store that I purchased from to see if there is a problem.