PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Power Brick ASAP

mbl42
Jan 3, 2006, 08:08 PM

iZach
Jan 3, 2006, 08:25 PM
My dad's PowerBook white power brick fried, and he needs a new one. It needs to be a 65W model, and in working condition. If you have one your willing to sell, please state how much you would like for it. I need this asap. Thanks guys.

if its under applecare and there is no physical damage, the genius bar will replace it.

zach

mbl42
Jan 3, 2006, 08:35 PM
No AppleCare or I wouldn't be posting this. It's a TiBook, and I'm not a n00b. ;)

iZach
Jan 3, 2006, 08:59 PM
No AppleCare or I wouldn't be posting this. It's a TiBook, and I'm not a n00b. ;)

yeah, i should have realized it was you max :p

goodwill
Jan 3, 2006, 09:16 PM
i just had to replace mine. i had apple care too. 72.00 dollars if you are buying a new one. and that doesnt even come with the plug in part usually.

im_to_hyper
Jan 3, 2006, 10:45 PM
Hey -- I have a new one that I bought for my sister's iBook when she lost hers... then she found the adapter and sold the iBook like 7 months ago.

I don't know where the direct brick-to-wall plug is, but it has the brick-2ft cord-wall which is what she always used with it. If I find the other plug I will send it along.

$42 shipped?

wnameth
Jan 3, 2006, 11:06 PM
Hey -- I have a new one that I bought for my sister's iBook when she lost hers... then she found the adapter and sold the iBook like 7 months ago.

I don't know where the direct brick-to-wall plug is, but it has the brick-2ft cord-wall which is what she always used with it. If I find the other plug I will send it along.

$42 shipped?
thats a great deal considering they are 100 new

mbl42
Jan 3, 2006, 11:07 PM
I don't need the other plug, I have an extra. Is it 65W? It should say on it somewhere in grey print "Apple 65W Portable Power Adapter".

skoker
Jan 4, 2006, 06:59 AM
As an FYI, although I'm gonna guess you know this, you can also use the 45W power brick with PowerBooks, as well as the 65W with iBooks.

The Genius BAr gave me a 65W for my iBook and personally I think it makes the battery last longer :D

ITASOR
Jan 4, 2006, 07:11 AM
As an FYI, although I'm gonna guess you know this, you can also use the 45W power brick with PowerBooks, as well as the 65W with iBooks.

The Genius BAr gave me a 65W for my iBook and personally I think it makes the battery last longer :D

You can't use the 45w's for like 15 or 17" powerbooks though...I don't know if you can with the TiBooks, but why take the chance. If Max wants a 65w...give him a 65w...:p

Reflow
Jan 4, 2006, 02:45 PM
My dad's PowerBook white power brick fried, and he needs a new one. It needs to be a 65W model, and in working condition. If you have one your willing to sell, please state how much you would like for it. I need this asap. Thanks guys.

I have one Brand new only used few times with my iBook G3. I didn't like it because of the light on the tip. Bought it in July with a warranty through july 05 2006. Still have the original box and papers

kwajaln
Jan 4, 2006, 03:18 PM
I have one Brand new only used few times
Used = not brand new, think about it.

weckart
Jan 4, 2006, 04:22 PM
You can't use the 45w's for like 15 or 17" powerbooks though...I don't know if you can with the TiBooks, but why take the chance. If Max wants a 65w...give him a 65w...:p

You can't? :confused: This thread prompted me to check my power bricks. I have a 15" PB attached to a Dell 2405 which has been my desktop for the last few months and an iBook which I take travelling. I never noticed that there was a difference in the wattage before and it seems I have been using the wrong bricks on both, with no apparent ill effects, so far.

ITASOR
Jan 4, 2006, 04:38 PM
You can't? :confused: This thread prompted me to check my power bricks. I have a 15" PB attached to a Dell 2405 which has been my desktop for the last few months and an iBook which I take travelling. I never noticed that there was a difference in the wattage before and it seems I have been using the wrong bricks on both, with no apparent ill effects, so far.

I'm wrong, I think. I don't understand it at all. I guess you can use either w's on computers that came with either. I've read that you can do that, at least. Yet the powerbooks ship with 65w, and the iBooks come with 45w? There must be some reason, no? I have no clue, don't quote me on any of this.

skoker
Jan 4, 2006, 05:08 PM
I'm wrong, I think. I don't understand it at all. I guess you can use either w's on computers that came with either. I've read that you can do that, at least. Yet the powerbooks ship with 65w, and the iBooks come with 45w? There must be some reason, no? I have no clue, don't quote me on any of this.

Beats me too, just going by what Svein (our local Genius) said.

mbl42
Jan 4, 2006, 05:25 PM
Guys stop crapping up my thread. I want to buy a working 65W one and that is that.

kwajaln
Jan 4, 2006, 06:35 PM
good luck mx. With the request, not the brick.

OutThere
Jan 4, 2006, 06:48 PM

All of the computers can work with any of the power adapters, but:

- iBooks and 12" Powerbooks only need 45 watts, but can use 65 watts

- 15+17" Powerbooks will only run with limited functionality on 45 watts, and may use the battery for extra juice. Battery may or may not charge, and will only charge if computer is off.

im_to_hyper
Jan 4, 2006, 10:17 PM
Used = not brand new, think about it.

Whatever, I will change my language for technicality: I have a semi-new (AKA: purchased new, but used thrice) power adapter.

Anyway, to talk about what Max originally intended this post for:

This is the 65w... verified it before I even posted it here :D

It was purchased June 2004 I believe... though I just threw out the box and reciept because I was like "oh, when will i need these".

Anyway, yeah. Its been sitting under my desk forever, considering I have no PowerBook faster than 50MHz to use it with.

Of course, if you want, you can always sell the TiBook instead :D

mbl42
Jan 4, 2006, 10:27 PM
I'll PayPal you the money now.

im_to_hyper
Jan 4, 2006, 10:40 PM
Alrighty... I'll be waiting for it at the Charter address....

and what? dont wanna sell it?! :D

im_to_hyper
Jan 7, 2006, 06:05 PM
Hey there -- shipped 'er out.

skoker
Jan 7, 2006, 06:08 PM
All of the computers can work with any of the power adapters, but:

- iBooks and 12" Powerbooks only need 45 watts, but can use 65 watts

- 15+17" Powerbooks will only run with limited functionality on 45 watts, and may use the battery for extra juice. Battery may or may not charge, and will only charge if computer is off.

Not true. I've used a 15" Powerbook (AL) with no battery and a 45W charger before with no ill effects.

mbl42
Jan 18, 2006, 08:46 PM
I received my power brick from im_to_hyper the other day. It works great and was just what I needed. Thanks!