PDA

View Full Version : FS: OS X Tiger and OS X Panther Server

grapes911
Jan 4, 2006, 07:30 AM
I have two copies of OS X Tiger that I do not need. They are unopened and $65 shipped each.

I have 1 copy of OS X Panther Server the Unlimited Client edition. It retailed at $1000. I know it is out of date, so I'll ask $250 shipped. Price drop: $200.

I may accept trades (doubtful though). If you want to offer a trade or a lower price than advertised, please PM me rather than post here.

keysersoze
Jan 4, 2006, 09:48 AM
I have two copies of OS X Tiger that I do not need. They are unopened and $65 shipped each.

I have 1 copy of OS X Panther Server the Unlimited Client edition. It retailed at $1000. I know it is out of date, so I'll ask $250 shipped.

I may accept trades (doubtful though). If you want to offer a trade or a lower price than advertised, please PM me rather than post here.

Is the Server software on CDs or DVDs?

grapes911
Jan 4, 2006, 10:00 AM
Is the Server software on CDs or DVDs?
The OS X Panther Server is on CDs.

The OS X Tigers are on DVDs.

Riddick012
Jan 4, 2006, 11:42 PM
ill offer 60 if it will work with a g4 powerbook. I bought a restore disk for a powermac by accident and it didnt work. Let me know.

The OS X Panther Server is on CDs.

The OS X Tigers are on DVDs.

grapes911
Jan 5, 2006, 02:41 AM
ill offer 60 if it will work with a g4 powerbook. I bought a restore disk for a powermac by accident and it didnt work. Let me know.
It is a full copy, so there is no reason it shouldn't work on your powerbook. Assuming you have a DVD drive that is.

danny_w
Jan 5, 2006, 05:56 PM
Do you still have one of the Tiger DVD's? Is it the full retail version?

grapes911
Jan 6, 2006, 12:42 AM
Do you still have one of the Tiger DVD's? Is it the full retail version?
You have a PM.

grapes911
Jan 6, 2006, 11:28 PM
Price drop on OS X Server. Down to $200.

kalisphoenix
Jan 6, 2006, 11:46 PM
I don't believe Server works with portables, based on my experience.

grapes911
Jan 6, 2006, 11:53 PM
I don't believe Server works with portables, based on my experience.
You are correct. According to the specs, it requires an Xserve, Power Mac G4 or G5, iMac, or eMac. I'm confused why you are posting this. Are you asking me because you are interested in purchasing it?

kalisphoenix
Jan 6, 2006, 11:56 PM
You are correct. According to the specs, it requires an Xserve, Power Mac G4 or G5, iMac, or eMac. I'm confused why you are posting this. Are you asking me because you are interested in purchasing it?

Sorry -- I misread a couple posts in the thread (sleepy -- just woke up because my rich friend decided to call me at 12:30AM and brag about how good Dark Side of the Moon sounds in 5.1... the bastard). I thought someone asked if Server would work on their Powerbook, but it was a hallucination.

grapes911
Jan 6, 2006, 11:59 PM
Sorry -- I misread a couple posts in the thread (sleepy -- just woke up because my rich friend decided to call me at 12:30AM and brag about how good Dark Side of the Moon sounds in 5.1... the bastard). I thought someone asked if Server would work on their Powerbook, but it was a hallucination.
By looking at the price they offered, I pretty sure they were talking about Tiger. I now see where the confusion came from.

pianoman181
Jan 7, 2006, 01:28 AM
I ran panther server quite well on my PowerBook for a while. Not sure if Tiger still works though

grapes911
Jan 7, 2006, 10:35 AM
I ran panther server quite well on my PowerBook for a while. Not sure if Tiger still works though
We'll the server addition I am selling is Panther. The Tiger Disks I'm selling are not Sever.