Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
I cannot get missing album artwork to show in my Music App. Its only a dozen or so artist but its annoying me.

The only thing that works that I dont want to keep having to do is a full clean install. If I do a clean install, dont login to itunes, icloud or the app store and then I add my music, all is well. If I login to those services and then add my music, album artwork is missing.

Can anyone help?

canyptian

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2012
RE: Missing Album Artwork

I've had this issue periodically and what I did was the following:

Go to the artist with the missing artwork and play each and every song on the iphone. What I've found when going through each song is that usually one song will have artwork missing. As in of the 9 songs on a given album, 8 will have the artwork, but one won't. When I go to iTunes on the computer and check that corresponding song that didn't have artwork on the iphone, somehow that artwork will be missing or is missing on iTunes on my computer.

Fix that song by copying the artwork on iTunes on the computer and then re-sync.

Not sure how the artwork gets removed on itunes on the computer, but this periodically happens to me.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
I've had this issue periodically and what I did was the following:

Go to the artist with the missing artwork and play each and every song on the iphone. What I've found when going through each song is that usually one song will have artwork missing. As in of the 9 songs on a given album, 8 will have the artwork, but one won't. When I go to iTunes on the computer and check that corresponding song that didn't have artwork on the iphone, somehow that artwork will be missing or is missing on iTunes on my computer.

Fix that song by copying the artwork on iTunes on the computer and then re-sync.

Not sure how the artwork gets removed on itunes on the computer, but this periodically happens to me.

Tried, didn't correct my problem :(

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
I have noticed this before, what I do is to remove that song or album from the itunes - sync the iphone, so now that song is gone from the iphone - add the song back to itunes and playlist - sync again, and now it shows the album art. I have noticed this happening with lyrics as well. Seems like when you first sync the song with your iphone and then make changes to the file in itunes, those don't get added. This has worked for me.. it's a roundabout way, but it works and usually I had to do this only for a few songs.

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
I have noticed this before, what I do is to remove that song or album from the itunes - sync the iphone, so now that song is gone from the iphone - add the song back to itunes and playlist - sync again, and now it shows the album art. I have noticed this happening with lyrics as well. Seems like when you first sync the song with your iphone and then make changes to the file in itunes, those don't get added. This has worked for me.. it's a roundabout way, but it works and usually I had to do this only for a few songs.

I manually manage music, still try this process?

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manually - you mean without syncing you directly add songs to the iphone?

Give it a try.. it has worked for me.

Correct, via itunes.

Attachments

• screenshot.1.jpg
    screenshot.1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 132

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I had this happen as well. I finally deleted the songs and renown loaded them from where I got them. Dragged them into iTunes and added the artwork. Synced and it was now on my iPad with artwork.

Every song originally had the artwork, not sure why it would new show up originally.

iMacRW

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I have found that if you go to iTunes and identically match the Artist, Album and Song Title from iTunes Store in the Get info section, then the album artwork will work flawlessly.

Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.